In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to help accelerate the modernization across Humana to deliver innovative, reliable and resilient technology solutions while enabling Humana's goal of providing integrated human care to our members. Also, you will help define/refine the cloud reference architecture patterns, perform the necessary due diligence to choose the appropriate tools/technologies and create effective solution architectures to fulfill the business & technical requirements for the organization.
The Lead Cloud Architect leads the planning, design, and engineering of enterprise-level infrastructure and platforms related to cloud computing. The Lead Cloud Architect works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Lead Cloud Architect performs technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications for cloud computing environments. Develops specifications for new IT cloud computing products and service offerings. Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
Enable continued innovation and evolution of the cloud everything-as-a-service including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS platforms in collaboration with Segment teams, Enterprise Architecture, Tech Advancement, Infrastructure and Security teams
* Define the vision and architecture strategy for transforming the current technology landscape by adopting cloud and SaaS based platforms to simplify the ecosystem and enable innovation and interoperability
* Evaluate new technologies/platforms for continuous improvement of our assets and develop architecture standards to leverage them
* Lead enterprise technology modernization initiatives like Cloud and application Modernization working with the segment/application teams and key business and IT stakeholders
* Define combined segment strategy by collaborating with all the segments across the enterprise
* Provide strategic advice and guidance to functional team(s). Highly skilled with broad, advanced technical experience
* Provide thought leadership by bringing outside in perspective in making key technology decisions
* Lead and define the strategic architecture and transformation blueprints depicting target end state cloud based architecture to guide the delivery of business capabilities
* Work with stakeholders to understand and build a holistic view of the architecture strategy, processes, information, and information technology assets, and then uses that context to define enterprise-wide IT architecture, reference models and patterns that will meet current and future needs in an efficient, sustainable, agile, and adaptable manner
* Partner with business and IT leaders and architects to provide direction and architectural strategy advice on complex and dynamic issues
* Work across organizational and role boundaries to translate business needs into technical systems solutions and architectural roadmaps
* Works on assignments that involve complexity ranging from moderate to substantial
* Define technical standards and ensure solutions are aligned with the enterprise reference architecture standards, patterns and best practices
* Prototype the tools and technologies that helps to evaluate early design decisions, improve predictability and to reduce risk
* Choose and adeptly use appropriate cloud services, technologies, tools, methodologies and solutions to make sure that the architecture is robust, integrated and aligned with the strategy and long-term objectives of the organization
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
* 8+ years of progressive information technology experience directly related to architecture/engineering, information security, or other specialized technology field
* Experience with Azure cloud platform, Azure DevOps platform, Automation via CI/CD pipelines + Terraform and/or have great understanding of other public cloud computing architectures and services.
* Experience using agile, lean, DevOps, DataOps, DevSecDataOps delivery practices and methodologies
* Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
* Experience with leveraging modern technologies to increase speed to value, enable innovation, reduce implementation cost and improve efficiencies
* Hands on experience with Cloud computing, databases and associated integrations with clear understanding of cloud networking, security and administrative capabilities.
* Master's Degree
* Azure/GCP/AWS Cloud certification
* Experience with cloud migration to Azure/GCP/AWS
* Experience using technologies like Kafka, StreamSets, MongoDB and architecture patterns including APIs, Micro-services, event driven architecture, server less computing
Work location preference in Louisville, KY but remote is an option.
Humana and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or while working in the field.
* WAH requirements: Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who live and work from home in the state of California will be provided payment for their internet expense.
* A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25x10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
* Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
* A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Scheduled Weekly Hours