Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
We are looking for an experienced Big Data engineer for Product Control IT within our Chief Financial Ofiicer (CFO_ Tech IT organization. Fiance One (F1) is a strategic big data platform providing a single, complete, consistent and harmonized repository of data for CFO. We are currently working on the simplification of current architecture landscape by decommissioning legacy IT infrastructure across Product Control functions by consolidating all the financial data into F1, achieving complexity reduction and supporting finance convergence across infrastructures, data and business processes. We are looking for a data engineer with equivalent experience in big data tech stack and with in-depth knowledge of industry standards and standard methodologies.
Your future colleagues
- Build and optimize 'big data' pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Lead business, systems & technical analysis and process design with high touch business and business change contact as required across back, middle and front office functions.
- Drive solutions architecture, systems and interface design, data analysis, scenario and use case analysis.
- Opportunities to network across different functions within Product Control and Finance IT
- Authoring advanced SQL and working with a variety of relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
Be the part of a robust team of Data Modelers, Big Data Engineers, Full stack Engineers, DevOps Engineers, and Product Control Analysts. The team coordinates with globally diverse delivery teams and produce high quality results. This team is highly efficient and adaptable by following agile methodology in software development process. And are always curious and eager to adopt the latest technology such as Cloud and DevOps. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values. You Offer
List of skills and experience encouraged in an applicant:
- Experience working in big data platform for implementing projects with high SLA of data availability and data quality, exposure to public cloud technologies is a major plus.
- Proven experience of 10+ years overall IT experience with 5+ years in a Data Engineer role
- Experience with managing large amount of data tools like Spark, HDFS, Hive, Impala, Scala, Kudu, Kafka, Python programming
- Experience with relational SQL, NoSQL databases and bash scripts
- Substantial exposure to enterprise infrastructure, data processing, enterprise software applications
- Flexible, people and organization savvy - ability to work in a matrix environment across regions with fast pace, know how to build links and communicate optimally with various teams across time zones
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.