Excellent Opportunity with Global Manufacturing Company!
Lead AWS Cloud Developer (Microservices)
Seeking Top Talent located in either the Eastern or Central Time Zones. This will be a remote role with Quarterly travel to Grand Rapids, MI.
Full time, direct hire with our client.
Our client is seeking a Lead Full Stack AWS Cloud Developer with Sr. Level developer experience on AWS and also one with AWS Cloud Microservices "Lambda". The Lead Developer will primarily be responsible for the technical design, development, maintenance and support of the company's IoT systems with a focus on Mobile Application Development and IoT Cloud Development. The person will work closely with our clients marketing and engineering teams to understand the business objectives and requirements, and they will assist in the design and implementation of the overall IoT systems. The person will collaborate with Peers and Leadership on the development of our client's IoT Strategy.
This person will work closely with embedded programmers for developing and troubleshooting communication between devices and platform software. They will also work closely with marketing to understand the requirements and business objectives.
This person will work closely with other members of the corporate business application development team to design, develop and implement any required integration between the IoT systems and the Company's other business application systems. The person will also work closely with the IT infrastructure team in the design, implementation and support of the underlying technical architecture required to support the IoT strategy. This person must function effectively in a team environment.
The person will also be expected to assist and contribute with the development and implementation of standards, policies and procedures for our client, particularly those related to IoT development and maintenance.
Position holder will have a solid foundation in Software Engineering fundamentals, proven verbal and written communication capabilities, organizational, and project management skills, failure mode effect analysis and/or risk analysis, is desired.
In addition to an individual contributor, the candidate will be expected to work with internal and external contributors, both foreign and domestic in origin.
POSITION PROFILE (Major duties, accountabilities, and responsibilities)
· Play a lead role in software implementation, design, architecture, requirements analysis and investigation of new technologies
· Implement software solutions as a full stack developer while working with stakeholders to ensure use cases are fulfilled
· Assist with the overall improvement of development practices and procedures.
· Evaluate and prototype innovative technologies and concepts with IoT and related technologies, with a strong focus on architecture design and development
· Define and implement end to end, unit and integration tests that can be applied to software testing
· Work closely with other members of the corporate business application development team to design, develop and implement IoT application systems
· Recommend and implement measurements to monitor, tune and improve IoT solutions
· Research and resolve production issues with IoT solution.
· May be required to perform other duties as assigned
· Degree minimum: Bachelor's degree
· Specific concentration: Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
· Experience level: 8-10 years of experience in the design and development of software systems
REQUIRED SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR SKILLS:
· Experience in web, mobile, and internet technologies is required, preferably in a large global organization
· Experience with cloud-based development and cloud security and architecture
· Experience with object-oriented design and implementation
· Experience and participation in an agile development team
· Experience with source code management using Git/Github
· Knowledgeable working with RESTful web services
· Proficiency in end to end, unit and functional testing
· Big picture orientation with strong attention to detail
· Experience with Debuggers and common IDEs (Eclipse, MS Visual Studio, etc.)
· Experience with relational databases
· Experience with IoT, designing IoT systems, and building a cloud/mobile application that supports IoT ecosystems. 4+ years preferred
· Experience with security frameworks and best practices for IoT
· Experience with device provisioning, commissioning, and remote device management layers in the context of IoT
· Experience with NOSQL databases, DynamoDB preferred
· Experience with relational databases, Oracle and MySQL preferred
· Experience with AWS Cloud Platform, preferably IoT Core and Lambdas
· Experience with publish/subscribe protocols, MQTT preferred.
· Knowledge of methodology, procedures and practices in all facets of the systems development life cycle, particularly systems design and implementation.
o Systems Planning
o Systems Design
o Systems Implementation
o Software Selection and Implementation
o Production Systems Support
· SCRUM Certification
· SAFe Certification