Introducing Zinc Network
Zinc Network is an ISO certified business dedicated to meaningful, measurable change. Zinc conceptualizes and creates programs, interventions, and strategic communications campaigns around some of the world’s most complex problems – from disinformation to extremism, media capture to authoritarianism.
We are headquartered in London with offices in Washington, D.C., Tbilisi, and Warsaw with 80+ team members from diverse professional and cultural backgrounds. Zinc works with a broad range of governmental, NGO, and private sector clients, including the UK Home Office (HO); the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO); the United States Agency for International Development (USAID); the U.S. Department of State (DOS); UN agencies and missions; and foundations.
Outline of the job
The Junior Research Analyst supports the team with all elements of research work. You will collect and analyse data from quantitative, qualitative and OSINT research, preparing rigorous and insightful reports based on this research that can be used to inform actions via our programmes. You will help us design research instruments, commission suppliers, review and analyse both qualitative and quantitative data, and help draft actionable insights based on that research. This will typically be under the supervision of a Senior Research Analyst or Research Manager. Junior Research Analysts keep abreast of relevant research or contextual developments in fields of interest to the company, circulating briefing notes to colleagues to explain findings and their implications where appropriate. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills and be able to successfully manage several work streams simultaneously.
Please note that the successful candidate will be expected to be based in Ukraine and will work remotely.
What you'll be doing
Supporting qualitative, quantitative and desk research, including, but not limited to:
· Supporting the development of methodologies which respond to our programming and client needs.
· Supporting with drafting research instruments: questionnaires, focus group discussion guides.
· Conducting desk research to provide understanding of new contexts and audiences.
· Analysis of research results, including desk research, polling data and focus group transcripts, alongside other team members
· Ensuring quality control by checking research materials, survey links, data tables etc.
· Helping to draft insightful and actionable research reports
· Presentation of research findings (both written and in PowerPoint)
· Editing and proof-reading research reports from other team members.
· Participating in meetings, workshops, and discussions both within the research team and with internal and external stakeholders.
· In addition:
· Communicating insights from research to the wider agency.
· Staying up-to-date with the latest trends in research
· Maintaining awareness of social and political contexts that are central to Zinc’s work.
· Supporting on business development projects which involve research: working on contextual analysis, the development of methodology and proposal writing.Requirements
What we need from you…
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as political or social sciences, area studies, international relations, politics, history – Master’s degree preferred
· Research and analysis skills – finding the ‘story’ to tell in both quantitative and qualitative data and presenting complex ideas in an accessible manor.
· Excellent English and Ukrainian writing and strong numeracy skills.
· Familiarity working with Microsoft Office (esp. PowerPoint and Excel)
· Familiarity with the Ukrainian political and social context.
· A demonstrable interest in international current affairs.
· An organised and efficient approach with a can-do attitude to reaching deadlines.
· Strong interpersonal, communication and people skills.
· An excellent team player.
· Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who receive a job offer will be required to:
- Disclose any previous disciplinary action against them resulting from a substantiated safeguarding (including any breaches involving trafficking- related activities) or workplace investigation.
- Undergo background checks including employment verification, sexual offender registry (as available), identity confirmation, and anti-terrorism vetting.
Area of Selection
We’re committed to hiring a diverse workforce from different professional and cultural backgrounds, and to that end we encourage a variety of people to apply to join our company to represent the diverse range of subjects associated with our projects.
How to apply
Please include a cover letter stating how you meet each of the requirements.
If you require an accommodation to be made at any point throughout the recruitment process, please advise us when contacted.
Applications due by Monday 20th November.