Junior IT Project Manager
Agile/Waterfall/Hybrid - Fully Remote - £30k - £40k
Are you interested in technology and looking to build a successful career in IT Project Management?
Do you want a role where no two days are the same?
Would you enjoy a role where you can build your skills, make a difference and be part of a rapidly expanding team?
--- If you answered yes to these questions, we might just have the job for you!
One of IT Bods leading clients is a Project Management as a service (PMaaS) consultancy helping organisations inject direction, pace, and change energy into projects to get them moving fast.
Established in 2013 they are a team of highly focused programme / project experts that have designed a fast, easy, and effective way of ensuring their service aligns with their clients' needs and required outcomes.
About the role
Reporting to the Project/Programme Manager, the Junior Project Manager (JPM) may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile / waterfall / hybrid methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions. The JPM may also play several different roles in actual practice:
* Leading and managing discrete parts of projects or less complex projects consisting of multiple resources and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the project team
* At a team level, playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and supporting the project team as needed to deliver PIDs, project plans, RAID logs, project plans, dependency maps and other project management artifacts to optimize the efficiency of the project team
* In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, using good judgment and skill to undertake a backlog / sprint planning approach in conjunction with the project / programme manager that is suitable for managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints
In performing these roles, the JPM will be expected to work with the project / programme manager in blending traditional Waterfall project management principles and practices with an Agile approach in the right proportions to fit small and large, complex, mission-critical projects with the appropriate level of planning to provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
* Solid understanding of traditional project management principles and software development life cycle models as well as good knowledge of both Agile and Waterfall practices.
* Experience in working with software, digital, infrastructure and cloud services projects using Waterfall or Agile methodologies.
* Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with team-level application and infrastructure projects
* Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 5 team members including Developers, Infrastructure engineers, Solution Designers, Business Analysts, Project Analysts and QA Test.
* If, however you do not have JPM experience, and you possess a positive 'can do' attitude and aptitude for project management, we will provide coaching and mentoring to develop your skills on the job via formal qualifications, training as appropriate.
* Experience of contributing to and writing detailed and good quality documentation to support technical implementation work.
* A progressive, calm, logical thinker, a self-starter and willing to learn.
* Degree level education or equivalent, is preferred
* Membership to a professional organisation (e.g. APM (RPP) / PMI / BCS) Proof of technical background through previous or current accreditations
* Awareness of other methodologies (e.g., Kanban, Unified Process (UP))
In return we offer an attractive remuneration and benefits package, fully flexible remote working, a collaborative and supportive working environment, excellent personal development opportunities and an interesting variety of projects and the opportunity to work with some highly talented industry experts in Portfolio, Programme and Project management
If you are interested in hearing more about the Junior IT Project Manager including formal training and qualifications / fully remote/ offering between £30k - £40k please click on the link to apply