Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
Product Controllers are the Financial Guardians of the Bank's sales and trading activities. We fulfill this role by:
- Ensuring complete, accurate and timely P&L, Balance Sheets and analysis
- The independent validation of the value of our trading portfolios
- Working with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner
- Provisioning of reliable and relevant financial information to the business managers, external partners and other relevant internal constituents
Individuals are responsible for the analysis and advisory aspects of Product Control's primary role which is the financial guardianship of the Bank's sales and trading activities, advising and independently challenging key partners on accounting and valuation matters impacting the financial documents, including daily profit & loss and balance sheet movements. They are also responsible for the development and improvement of strategic systems and implementation and continuous improvement at a local level in terms of process and EUCs.
This Product Controller role is supporting the Longevity Markets Division globally and overseeing a handful of portfolio's in the EMEA Structured Products division. Portfolio's in both divisions trade in derivatives, loans and cash securities. Hedging products include: Interest Rate Derivatives, Cross Currency Swaps, Longevity Swaps, Mortality Swaps, and Total Return Swaps. Other responsibilities may include:
- Validate front office P&L using risk based P&L and other analytic tools.
- Ensure P&L are well understood and accurate. Investigate and resolve P&L breaks timely.
- Perform front to back balance sheet reconciliation (FOBO) ensuring accurate Pv, Cash, and Funding balances.
- Execute month end close including processing accurate general ledger manual adjustments.
- Provide month end general ledger attestation (Account Ownership sign off).
- Deliver management reporting, metrics, P&L Variance commentaries.
- Produce timely and accurate financial disclosures such as the quarterly Fair Value Templates
- Perform Structured Trade Reviews on new trades to validate trade capture and day1 P&L is accurate.
- Furnish ad-hoc balance sheet, P&L, and Trade analysis to partnering groups (e.g., Front Office, Tax, and Regulatory)
- Support Month End price testing process liaising with IPV (price testing) team.
- Consolidate daily/weekly/monthly P&L reports.
- Manage provision and control database-reporting process.
- Provide close business and P&L support to business. Participate in key system initiatives.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook You Offer
Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
Product Controllers are highly attentive to risk and the importance of a strong control environment and show a high attention to detail in all aspects of their work. They also possess highly developed analytic, interpersonal and communication skills to enable them to build positive relationships with their key clients and to understand and address their issues.
In addition, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience of minimum 2-4 years of financial service, banking or accounting
- Proficient PC skills including Excel, PeopleSoft Financials, and Essbase as well as understanding of manipulation and presentation of financial data
- Phenomenal teammate, proactive, hardworking who can be dynamic and implement process changes
- Self-starter, result oriented with the ability to works well within a team and independently in a fast paced environment
- Possess outstanding written and verbal communication and problem solving skills
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.