As part of the OCTO Data Engineering team, the candidate will work directly with the Analytics team as well as partner with the Data Lake Product team to assist in implementing AWS solutions to best support scalable solutions.
This role pays between 56,,240.00 USD Annual based on experience. Responsibilities
- Design, plan, develop, deploy and maintain working software in a fast-paced environment using agile methods and iterative delivery of business value.
- Participate in the design, planning and development of solutions based on business requirements.
- Participate as part of a project team to design, code, unit test and implement moderately complex programs to support the portfolio management process.
- Monitor and report to management on project status, identify issues that may impede attainment of goals, recommend and implement corrective measures.
- Review and fix problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback.
- Ensure that the system design is aligned with the business requirements through appropriate documentation and requirements mapping.
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering or at least 2 years of professional software work experience
- AWS or system networking experience
- Shell scripting (python, powershell, bash, etc.)
- Linux/Ubuntu knowledge
- Knowledge of database technologies such as DynamoDB, SnowFlake or PosetGrs SQL.
- Working knowledge of languages such as Python, SQL and C#
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Self-starter and motivated with ability to work in a fast-paced software development environment
- Strong communication skills
Skills Considered a plus:
- terraform scripting
- Knowledge of database technologies such as DynamoDB, SnowFlake and PostGrs SQL
- Knowledge of Amazon cloud technologies (EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda etc.)
- Report directly to Director of Data Engineering
- Interact with other colleagues at all levels to conduct of day-to-day activities
#remoteInclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 . Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. T he company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.