About the job:
As the Java Developer
you will works towards ensuring Reed in Partnership has efficient, robust, and stable software solutions. Reporting to the Head of Business Systems, the Java Developer
will support all aspects of database improvement, refinement, and upgrade against Reed in Partnership specification. You will analyse, design, develop, and unit test robust software solutions to meet the business requirements.Key responsibilities
- Maintain and develop new functionality to the agreed specification.
- Develop new code, unit test and perform code reviews.
- Provide support where required to Reed In Partnership systems identifying appropriate solutions to critical issues, minimising the interruption to the business and assisting in ensuring business continuity is maintained.
- Ensure Reed In Partnership system security is at the specified level and that any new features or components adhere to best practice in this area.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance.
- Aware of business issues as they impact overall development plans.
- Excellent use of written and verbal communication with strong interpersonal skills.
- Analyse problems or issues and provide practical high quality IT solutions.
- Support the life cycle of the project where required. You will be involved in testing and being present during out of hour deployments.
- Experience of working to the requirements of publicly funded / Government contracts (DESIRABLE).
- Demonstrable understanding of management information systems.
- Experience of providing a high-quality advisory and guidance service to internal customers.
- Knowledge / experience of Azure, IntelliJ, and frameworks such as Angular and/or React.
- Comfortable working in agile and waterfall.
This is a 12-month fixed term contract role, FULLY REMOTE with a salary up to £60,000. Does this role interest you? If so, please APPLY NOW and become part of this fast-evolving team! Feel free to get in touch to find out more -