Bitso is Latin America’s leading digital currency exchange. Our vision is to provide hundreds of millions of individuals across Latin America access to fast, cost-efficient and beautifully designed financial & non-financial services powered by crypto. We believe the first step to achieve this is making cryptocurrencies accessible for everyone following our seven principles: Custodianship, Reliability, Powerful Liquidity, Trusted Brand, Usability, and Solvency.
Team & Role Description:
Our engineering team is responsible for building and scaling our products, and the infrastructure for our operations. As a Software Engineer, you will work in a fast-paced environment and work closely with different chapters across the company to build the best products for our users.
What we value:
- Passion and personal accomplishments.
- Independent ownership of business problems and their solutions.
- Solid engineering skills (e.g. design patterns, automated testing, fault-tolerant systems).
- Passion for aggressively automating everything we do.
- Developers who can navigate around a Linux box and a production environment.
- Experience using open source tools and participating in open source projects.
- Rolling up your sleeves and getting things done.
- Understand the requirements of Bitso's products.
- Design and implement software tests.
- Help and correct bugs on the platform.
- Have knowledge of the operation of cryptocurrencies.
- Drive new feature development.
- Architect systems and improvement to scale our product and platforms.
- Ship code for high growth, high visibility markets, every day, for hundreds of thousands of users.
- Write a high-performance code designed for scale.
- Assure the integrity, solvency, and security of the exchange.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need
- English language proficiency.
- Living in Mexico City or willing to relocate.
- Must have 3 years of working experience with the following:
- Java 8 or above (streams, lambdas, optionals)
- Spring Boot, Micronaut, or some other microservices framework
- Relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL
- NoSQL databases (Redis, Mongo)
- Some PHP knowledge is desirable but not required
- Certain notions of distributed systems: back pressure, observability, fault tolerance, concurrency, redundancy, etc.
*These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.*
Additionally, it would be nice if you
- Experience with architecture and requirements engineering.
- Act a mentor within the team and with other functions.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial inclusion across Latin America
- Culture: You'll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You'll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space in Latin America
- Salary: We pay competitively to attract top talent in the market.
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, this role is remote.
- Work Status: Regardless of your citizenship, we will sponsor you to legally work in Mexico if you are looking for it.
- Health Insurance: We offer one of the best medical plans
- Performance Bonus: Your hard work will be rewarded with an attractive bonus plan.
- Unlimited Free Days: We want our employees to recharge their batteries and explore who they are outside of the office
*As you move on to the final stage of our talent attraction journey, we will ask you to please complete our background check process.
*This role is expected to work remotely.