Our partner is looking for a Java Engineer for a FULLY REMOTE position to join their Distributed Systems Team. This team deals with concurrency, global state, and replication features and components of Elasticsearch.
* Cluster coordination and how it responds to nodes leaving and joining the cluster.
* Shard allocation, recovery and migration.
* Backup solutions (a.k.a Snapshot and Restore).
* Cross cluster replication of data to support disaster recovery and geo-replication.
* Look into all kind of issues, including performance or concurrency issues, and propose solutions.
* Support our support engineers with the harder problems.
* Strong skills in core Java
* Conversant in the standard library of data structures and concurrency constructs, as well as newer features like lambdas.
* Deep technical proficiency in algorithms
* Proven ability to understand and work on complex, highly distributed systems.
* Able to take on projects and guide them from beginning to end. This covers both technical design and working with other engineers to develop needed components.
* Ability to build and debug features that involve multiple subsystems and run on multiple machines.
Bonus points for knowledge of:
* Data stores
* Search, analytics, Lucene
* Strong knowledge of the JDK
* Asynchronous event-driven network frameworks such as Netty
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION - WE TAKE CARE OF OUR PEOPLE
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
* Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
* Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
* Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
* Generous number of vacation days each year
* Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
* Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
* Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave