Title: Java Developer
Location: London, UK (Partly Remote)
# of Position: #2
Experience: 8+ Yrs
Salary: GBP Up to £115K Per Annum + Benefits
Client: Financial Services Sector
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and/or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding clients and its assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 8 + years of relevant experience in Java/J2EE technologies, well versed with 3 tier architecture/component layer architecture.
- Proficient in working on Back End technologies like Oracle and DB2, PL/SQL and stored procedures/triggers.
- Experience in Unix/Linux environment, Unix Scripts
- Experience in Apache storm/Redis/Kafka will be an added advantage
- Have strong analytical and technical ability, be able to identify/debugging issues quickly.
- Self-motivated, quick learner, hard-working, responsible.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team. Have good communication skills.
- Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Working knowledge of consulting/project management techniques/methods
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements