At Broadridge, we are driven by the success of each of our 10,000+ associates. We are committed to building a diverse team at all levels, and we look for candidates who are innovative, client-focused, and excited to move forward. That's why we've created a culture where the highest goal is to empower others to achieve more. If you're passionate about developing your career, while helping others along the way, come join us and be part of the Broadridge team.
Broadridge is hiring. Our team is seeking an experienced Java Developer who is passionate about the craft and art of developing mission-critical software. You love to learn and work with leading-edge technologies in a collaborative work environment. Superb opportunity for applicants that are proficient in Java, Perl, Linux, and Mainframe. Main responsibility of this role will be to write clean code, data design, testing, technical design and troubleshooting. This is a contract role to work remotely.
Are you looking for a dynamic and creative environment where you can build applications from ground up? Are you seeking an excellent opportunity to drive the future of this emerging and dynamic IT development organization? If that sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
* Designs and leads development of the most technically meaningful projects, for both new functionality in current products and for new products.
* You will provide technical leadership to the development staff in all phases SDLC and implementation process.
* You will participate in the overall planning and execution of development objectives
* Handle development efforts with internal and external interfaces
* Ensure all development processes and practices are completely and consistently followed
* Maintain the consistently high quality of the software code
* You will ensure the relevant coverage by unit tests and/or automated testing routines
* You will work with peers and management to develop process standards and/or improvements to prevent re-occurrence of Development-related issues
* Work with line managers and technology team members overlapping USA time
* Align to proposed design of system
* Develop, Maintain and perform unit tests
* Debug and fix system defects
* Work effectively on multiple tasks
* The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of experience in Java and Perl programming skills
* Strong in programming skills on Core Java and Perl
* Exposure to LINUX environment and Mainframe file format
* Coding and unit testing of the features assigned
* Excellent troubleshooting skills
* Willingness to learn and work in proprietary tools
* Knowledge of Customer Communications Industry is added advantage
* Good Analytical and Debugging skills.
* You'll have experience working in Agile methodology
* Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
* Experience working with complex requirements and specification documents, and devise and develop appropriate software solutions
* Ability to integrate into an existing development team and work with an existing extensive code base
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks; as well as define problems, and develop methods to resolve them in a timely manner
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age or any other protected status. "Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion. Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth." US applicants: Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation in the event you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company's career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request a reasonable accommodation(s) by calling or by sending an email to .