At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
As a Programmer Analyst you'll partner with our team to deliver an innovative and unique branch experience across multiple applications. You'll also collaborate with our team to investigate, diagnose, and resolve technical issues for our over 17,000+ branch teams. What you'll do
What you'll work on
- Support Perform tier 3 support functions for the Edward Jones Digital Branch Experience.
- Test Perform validation of systems during infrastructure upgrades, server patching, etc.
- Develop Contribute to continuous improvement of our platform by resolving defects in react and Java code bases.
- Collaborate Work closely with our business area to provide exceptional levels of service to our branches.
- Adapt Shift work between different environments and multitask
- Monitor Provide system support, including on-call pager rotation
- Learn You won't be expected to have all the answers right away. We have a mentorship structure in place to ensure you have the resources you need to come up to speed quickly. We will invest in your development through formal training, feedback, and on-the-job responsibilities.
What you'll need
- Tier 3 support of existing client products: Java, Struts 2 Web Framework
- Tier 3 support of next-generation client experience: React, Java, REST, Spring Boot, Docker, Github, cloud architecture
- Entry-level development tasks: Resolution of defects within the supported applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or applicable experience.
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and/or as an individual contributor
- Experience or training in the AGILE project management methodology is a plus
- FORTUNE 2020 Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
- From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firms 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $48393 - $79800