The Technical Specialist is an Information Services (I/S) entry level position assigned to the following area: Application Development. You will help improve how millions of people access and interact with our products, the way business partners support our customers and use data, as well as explore new technologies to meet better meet those needs.
Its a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team who makes it possible.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Based on assignment and under the direction of senior analysts, provides programming and/or technical support for application/technical systems, hardware or software platforms.
- Working knowledge of programming languages, platforms and technologies to provide technical and/or business solutions to customers.
- Analyzes, develops, modifies, installs, tests and maintains software and hardware within assigned domain.
- Participates in and assists with the development of application and/or technical integration solutions.
- Responsible for analyzing and resolving application and/or infrastructure technical problems and coordinates resolution activities at a team level and/or within business areas.
- Conducts data collection, maintenance, and analysis activities to facilitate the development of alternative solutions based on assignment.
- Understands Team services, products, and value to I/S areas, business areas and to their own Team.
This job posting is reflective of the Technical Specialist essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Application Developer level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- 1 - 3 years systems experience.
- Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and business requirements.
- Awareness of different technologies and technology domains (Java, Spring Boot, SQL, APIs, Web Services and integration).
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Effective presentation, verbal and written communications skills.
- Sound decision-making abilities.
- Effective customer relations skills (with all levels of internal and external customers).
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Groovy, Microservices
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD), Test Driven Development (TDD), Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging.
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Comp Range: $70,000 - $90,000
- Pay commensurate with experience.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, youll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here youll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the companys exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-. We are available Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.