We are recruiting for a Technical Recruiter on contract to work for a leading Defence & Space organisation based in Newport.
The role will require you to be on site approximately 2 days per week.
Your Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Partner with hiring managers to understand the organisation's requirements and help to build job profiles that meet business needs
- Use your relationships with internal stakeholders and your knowledge of the recruitment market to influence the Talent Acquisition approach of the business
- Define the most appropriate sourcing strategy, channels and social media to identify and attract the most talented people (using a mix of passive and active sourcing)
- Create attractive, compliant and diversity-friendly job adverts to promote your vacancies
- Screen applications, assessing their potential using the latest tools and technologies
- Actively contribute to the candidate selection and decision making process
- Organise and conduct candidate interviews, leading and owning the interview process as the HR representative
- Use LinkedIn daily as your main tool for building brand awareness, growing and communicating with your EJ network, gathering market intelligence and (through LinkedIn Recruiter) directly sourcing candidates
- Via our Communities of Practice, contribute to innovative, international and cross-divisional talent acquisition and employment marketing projects
This role will involve travel every month or two (possibly with an overnight stay) to support meetings and interviews. Trips will mainly be to our other UK sites (eg. Stevenage, Portsmouth, Filton, etc), but may involve occasional international travel to our other European sites; Toulouse, Paris, Munich, etc.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Extensive recruitment experience, ideally from working as a Recruitment Consultant for a Recruitment Agency or in a 360 Recruitment Environment
- Ideally you will have recruited for technical or engineering skills and know what it takes to attract and engage the best people
- Strong sourcing and attraction skills, both proactive and reactive - proven experience in sourcing difficult-to-find profiles
- A comprehensive understanding of the labour market, the associated challenges and how to overcome them