WE ARE SEEKING AN IT PROJECT MANAGERS FOR A 3-6 MONTH (WITH OPTION TO EXTEND) CONTRACT ROLE IN BROOMFIELD, CO.THIS ROLE CAN SIT REMOTE ANYWHERE WITHIN THE U.S. THERE COULD BE A CHANCE TO CONVERT TO A FULL TIME EMPLOYEE IN THIS ROLE.
In thisrole,you will work with a variety of technologies including SAP and Salesforce, while also working with groups across the business.The projects you will work on will be application, software, and hardware-based. As an IT project manager, you will play a critical role not only effectively managing deliverables but also building relationships withmultiple this environment, flexibility is important, and there is not one specific methodology that you must follow, there are nimble approaches depending on the business unit being served.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Responsible for effective management and implementation of IT projects with an average size and complexity of one or more divisions (including multiple sites within a division), one or two impacted systems or technologies, and multiple functional stakeholder groups.
* Managingmore than one project at a time.Project workload may include one large-scale complex project($1MM or more)and several medium ($500K or greater) and/or smallerprojects($250-$500K).
* Facilitate the definition of project mission, goals, objectives, and scope.
* Establish a work plan and staffing for each phase ofthe project, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.Confer with project staff to outline work plan.
* Lead project teams through therequirements, design, development,testing, documentation, and implementation of solutions (e.g. software, infrastructure, data, reporting, etc.) to achieve the business objectives.
* Ensure technical assessments are completed on every project to validate infrastructure, requirements, additions, increased capacity needs, performance, facilities, and equipment are proactively planned for in the project activities and deliverables.
* Ensure proper operating procedures are in place and IT operations is aware when new projects are placed into production.
* Ensure project documentation is maintained and securely stored in the designated tools, and disseminated to appropriate team members, end-users, support personnel, and key stakeholders.
* Manage project resource schedules, activities, and budget. Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.Escalate resource constraints as required.
* Provide effective leadership and guidance over project scope, schedule management, issue management, cost management, and risk management.Drives their project teams to make decisions and calls on senior management for additional direction (as needed).
* Performs work independently. Considered a high-level specialistin project managementwho regularly interacts and works with senior management. Uses advanced techniques, theories, and processes to complete work.
* Ensure effective communications (verbal and written) occur throughout the project with team members, key project stakeholders, and IT leadership. Includes topics such asstatus reports,project performance, timeline, budget, risks, issues,and other project deliverables.
* Resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas.
* Provide mentoring, coaching, and development for less experienced project resources.
* Ensure adherence to the companys project management framework during the execution of all IT projects.Leverage experience to contribute continuous improvement ideas for IT and PMO processes, methodologies, tools, etc.
* Ensure compliance with IT policies, IT standards and IT processes to maintain consistency, confidentiality, integrity, and availability of IT implementations.