The IT Marketing & Sales Lead Architect designs new innovative systems in the area of Digital Health and optimizes existing technologies for the digital age. The IT Marketing & Sales Lead Architect is responsible for the definition and approval of simplified, cost effective, scalable and future-proof technology, application, and information architecture in the Boehringer Ingelheim IT environment.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Is accountable to enable a solid architecture & planning culture within the IT Marketing & Sales (M&S) Services function including the alignment of Cross-functional topics (e.g. master data, BI, Infrastructure, etc.). Ensure that Boehringer Ingelheim architectural governance is maintained by reviewing and approving all demands for new architecture (application, information & technology) within the Boehringer Ingelheim landscape and maintain the accuracy of architecture related data captured in the application-planning repository.
- Is accountable for aligning of the M&S architecture with the business organization, the overall IT landscape and support service. Furthermore, provide application and information architecture support to projects and initiatives, including vendor and solution assessments, information model definition support, integration management consulting and review.
- Is accountable to develop review and maintain a specific domain in the M&S IT solution road map based on a clear understanding of business capability requirements by integrating technology and industry drivers, and support the transition from the 'as-is' to the 'to-be' application landscape in order to deliver scalable and futureproof IT solutions. Responsible for the introduction of changes or enhancements to the architecture.
- Act as an advisor to Line Management, Project Managers and Solution Architects for the area of Marketing and Sales. Is accountable for identifying architectural risks and to propose alternatives and solutions in a specific domain.
- Utilize detailed understanding of the business processes and partner closely with the key business stakeholders, e.g. Capability Owners. Is accountable for defining costs and benefits of different IT solutions together with the corresponding M&S domain, reducing the overall cost of IT M&S, and aiming to consolidate different solutions by introducing standard IT solution within a specific IT domain as well as reducing the number of suppliers as appropriate.
- Is accountable for scouting for innovative solutions in the custom capabilities of the M&S field.
- Must deliver accordance with any local data privacy regulation, ensure alignment with all IT Privacy and Security policies, and in accordance with all other regulatory standards and guidelines.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited institution required with a focus in IT preferred; Advanced degree in technical field preferred.
- Seven-plus (7+) years of progressive IT experience required.
- Experience with marketing solutions (Martech), and B2B in addition to B2C customer channel engagement preferred
- Experience delivering within a global organization. Must have a track record in implementing technologies in a global environment (including different cultures).
- Good working knowledge of standard M&S domain solutions such as Veeva, Salesforce.com, ideally with experience of M&S business processes of different areas (e.g. Human Pharma, BIO, Generics and Animal Health).
- Must have proven experience introducing Service Mgmt (ITIL certification) & Security.
- Proven track record on implementing recent integration architecture (SOA / BPM / EDA).
- Proven track record in enterprise architecture (e.g. TOGAF,...) in design and execution
- Good and strong knowledge of Platform/ Cloud concepts.
- Experience with web and mobile technologies, APIs, container, large scale enterprise applications, and microservices preferred
- Exhibit a sense of urgency and independent initiative toward accomplishing objectives.
- High energy and strong customer focus.
- Team player - position is cross-functional and requires significant teamwork.
- The ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Organizational skills, managing many diverse initiatives with different deadlines and priorities.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Must be a strong strategic thinker and motivator and understands what delivers true value to the business.
- Strong customer focus, vendor management and negotiation skills.
- Must have an excellent understanding of both business and IT, must be highly creative, curious and a strong networker.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19.
This position offers a base salary typically between 148,500 and 185,600. There is opportunity to consider higher compensation above this range based on business need, candidate experience and or skills. The position may be eligible for a role specific variable or performance based bonus and or other compensation elements. For an overview of our benefits please click here. Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person's actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.