Please note that this is a 1 year contract position.
Your role as an Analyst:
• Analyze a large volume of security event data from a variety of sources with the goal of identifying suspicious and malicious activity
• Perform post mortem analysis of traffic flows, conduct network forensics; perform follow up analysis throughout the incident life cycle; and complete projects and tasks associated with security monitoring, detection, and incident response.
• You will work with technical and business customers located across the United States
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and experience in security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications and network protocols or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Ability to obtain and maintain National Security Clearance.
• Security platform and technology capabilities; SIEM utilization skills with the ability to analyze security events from multiple monitoring and logging sources to identify and/or confirm suspicious activity.
• Ability to analyze large data sets and unstructured data to identify trends and anomalies indicative of malicious activity.
• Knowledge of, and experience with, TCP/IP protocol and network/packet analysis.
• Knowledge of current security threats, techniques, and landscape, and a dedicated desire to research current information security landscape.
• Experience with IT Infrastructure designs, technologies, products, and services. This should include knowledge of networking protocols, firewall functionality, host and network intrusion detection systems, operating systems, databases, encryption, load balancing, and other technologies.
Additional Details of the SOC Analyst Roles:
• Primary responsibility would be to triage events that are detected by our automation. This would require a basic understanding of networking, web traffic and basic OS level type knowledge.
o Need to triage an incident, decide if it warrants further investigation, and if it does tee it up for one of other analyst to investigate.
• Shifts would be 12 hours x three days
o Shift 1 would be Th-Sat 8AM to 8PM
o Shift 2 would be Sun-Tu 8AM to 8PM
• Only on Sat and Sun would they be working alone.
• If one contractor was out the other on shift to cover two weekend days.
• Expected to cover holidays for the day shift and for one to move their day to Wednesday for the rare holidays that fall on Wednesday.
•Expected to shift to cover night shift if one or our full-time night shift were out (these shifts are also 3 x 12 hours running 8PM to 8AM)
• Need to be able to obtain a Secret clearance/Keypoint High.
• Client will train for 4-8 weeks on their environment.
• Will be issued FRS laptops, monitors and the like and would remote into our network.
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A365.- provided by Dice