CompuCom is part of the Office Depot family of companies along with Grand & Toy. Come join a growing global company that has a laid-back culture, values your skills, focuses on growing your career, and promotes work-life balance. Competitive pay, a generous time-off policy, and full benefits are included in our Offer Benefits Package.
The IT Help Desk provides first level technical support through telephone and email. You will be the first point of contact for the end users for all hardware and software related issues of both proprietary and standard applications such as Microsoft Office, VPN, Citrix, and MDM (mobile device management).
Perform account management and maintenance for various applications and systems (e.g., create or modify user accounts and permissions, and perform password resets).
This position is work from home/remote/telecommute making it open to applications from all provinces including: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan and Yukon.
- Educate end- users on highly technical content regardless of level of experience.
- Ability to multitask and stay calm under pressure, dealing with ongoing problems and deadlines
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
- Trains employees, identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed
- Determines and recommends which products or services best fit the customers' needs
- Requires at least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Expert with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks
- Be able to do hands and eyes on Infrastructure and servers as needed
- Associate's degree preferred or its equivalent
- A+ Certification Required
- Windows OS knowledge (Windows 7, Windows 8.x and Windows 10)
- Microsoft Office 2007 to 2016 and Office 365
- Apple MAC experience - Imaging, AD, OS X, iPhones, Mac Pros, Laptops and Desktops
- Able to support Outlook client
- Able to troubleshoot VPNs
- Support mobile users for network access, email support, and troubleshooting
- Able to use SCCM to deploy images to clients' desktops and laptops
- Active Directory knowledge - Create user accounts, Groups and manage GPOs
- Desktop and Laptop hardware knowledge
- Printer hardware knowledge
- Inventory and Asset Management
- Able to use remote tools such as RDP, Team Viewer, Windows Assist, LogMeIn Rescue
- Experience as a Help Desk/Help Desk, IT Support, Support Analyst, Service Desk, or similar Customer Service Agent roles is a plus