* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science preferred or equivalent of work experience and education.
* 10+ years of experience is typical for this experience, but 5+ years of experience might be considered for the right candidate.
* Experience in Salesforce for CRM, and Dell Boomi or Mulesoft for Integrations preferred.
* Backlog Management systems such Azure DevOps or JIRA
* Agile practice
* Current holder of Salesforce Certified Platform Developer credential or equivalent.
* Proven experience leveraging the components within the DevOps Infinity loop.
* Prior experience in developing and executing the project plan for the technical aspects
* of the project, including infrastructure, application design, development, testing, data migrations/interfaces, report development, and production cutover.
* Experience with and ability to liaise with architecture, infrastructure, and application
* management functions.
* Prior experience providing quality reviews for outsourced technical deliverables.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Good interpersonal skills, strong conceptual thinking skills, creativity and flexibility.
The full compensation range established for this position begins at a minimum of $97,700 annually.* Actual starting pay may differ based on non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, experience, skills, specialty, and education. *This rate is specific to Colorado.
ACS provides staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental, retirement benefits, wellness programs, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills. Further details on our benefits can be found on our careers site at: jobs.cancer.org/benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
This position is a remote role, open anywhere throughout the United States.
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, we're leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. We actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds including communities of color, the LGBTQ community, veterans, and people with disabilities. The greater the diversity of our people, the better we can serve our communities.
The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our lifesaving mission. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.
The IT Development Manager role serves as manager to the Salesforce and Boomi Integration software development team overseeing daily operational duties and projects which include overseeing augmented staff deliverables. This position is hands-on interacting with the team focused on software development which includes Apex code development and Boomi integration development, code check-in, peer review & static code analysis (Sonarqube), daily standup meetings, product releases, and resource allocation. In addition to training staff and delegating work assignments, this role may also collaborate with colleagues to identify and repair technical issues or design software solutions. The Manager will evaluate her/his team's work processes and best practices and implement changes to streamline operations and improve development efficiency in consultation with the Director, such as improvements to the infinity loop leveraging Azure DevOps for faster output of items to production. This role is highly technical and requires interfacing directly with internal and outsourced business and technical resources to develop and implement vendor and custom business solutions. This position leads a team of technical professionals throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC) and provides daily direction to team members.
DESIGN / DEVELOPMENT
* Provide oversight and technical expertise to projects that build or enhance applications and technical infrastructure. Utilizing industry best practices and standards for software engineering this individual will create value and minimize risk.
* Oversee the application development life cycle activities to ensure that business needs and timelines are met, and that proper coding and release management standards are followed.
* Analyze incoming requests and provide high-level or detailed development estimates of effort for ROI and project planning.
* Manage stakeholder relationships and collaborate with project managers and product owners across the organization to optimize project and solution delivery.
* Identify opportunities for information systems and technologies to improve business processes, create or improve competitive advantage, and reduce costs.
* Collaborate with the business stakeholders to set identify and implement goals.
* Consult with architects in the design, development and integration of complex business applications when applicable.
* Review and/or develop conceptual solutions and provide recommendations based upon existing IT assets and architectures and in alignment with the strategic platform/roadmap.
* Review and advise on purchases of hardware and software supporting back-office and constituent-facing applications.
* Identify and coordinate the resolution of technical issues.
* Work closely with the technical team to create development, migration, and deployment strategies.
* Work with the Product Owner to define technical resource requirements and technical tasks in the backlog system and/or project plan.
* Assist in proposal writing, defining the scope and prioritization of new projects.
* Work on-call when needed to support applications and systems via tier 3 support process for production issues
* Manage production deployment processes to provide effective transition of application knowledge and capabilities to 1st and 2nd tier support.
* Undertake monitoring of systems for issues and provide timely resolution in application defects. Makes recommendations to stakeholders and executives for improvements.
STAFF AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
* Lead a team of IT professionals who will develop and enhance ACS technical solutions.
* Manage 3rd party vendor resources and deliverables.
* Provide status reports and presentations to the Director of CRM and Integrations, Corporate IT staff, business unit staff, and project managers as requested.
* Perform other related duties as required.