Brief Description of Sunnova
Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is to Power Energy IndependenceTM and change the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits - and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person.
Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The IT BUSINESS ANALYST II Position
Sunnova Energy is currently searching for an IT Business Analyst to be responsible for requirements documentation related to IT projects and enhancement requests in coordination with business users, management, other IT resources and/or vendors. This individual will also work closely with business partners and IT team members, especially the assigned Project Manager, in an Agile environment to support the on-time, on-budget delivery of changes. May work on projects of large scope that may involve multiple departments or have companywide impact.
IT BUSINESS ANALYST II Responsibilities
* Identifies specific business requirements as communicated by a sponsoring business area, including cross-referencing requirements articulated by multiple business areas.
* Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with business contacts, IT departments, and vendors and ensures effective communication and relationships between stakeholders and IT team members are maintained.
* Participates in sprint ceremonies and knowledge transfer activities.
* Works closely with developers to clarify requirements, capture assumptions, and identify impacts to business processes.
* Applies knowledge of supported business areas in evaluating opportunities for process integration and refinement.
* Assists QA Analysts in the development of testing strategy and schedule. May help in test execution as required to aid in delivery of a quality product, designed for user acceptance and adoption.
* Identifies gaps and analyzes downstream impacts of business requirements makes recommendations for improvements and/or additional requirements within assigned business areas.
* Represents team when working with other business analysts and scrum masters on cross-team projects.
* Supports and provides subject matter expertise in process analysis and improvement initiatives.
* Performs data analysis related to business requirements and may perform data analysis related to production issues.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Solution Architect
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* 2+ years experience in business or systems analysis
* 1+ years experience specifically working in IT in a business analyst capacity
* 1+ years experience with data analysis tools such as SQL
* Experience with business or systems analysis in Salesforce
* Training material development experience
* Experience testing IT changes
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong Problem solving and critical thinking
* BI Skills - data analysis, reporting
* Business process modeling
* Open office environment
* Schedule needs to be flexible to the needs of the business and may require weekend or evening availability to support software releases
* Fully Remote
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
* Comprehensive benefits
* Competitive compensation & annual bonus
* Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
* Cell phone allowance for many roles
* Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
* Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process