CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It's our heritage and it's also our future. Because we don't just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard-when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
* Open to remote work*
Corporate Systems, in the Global Technology Organization (GTO), manages the overall performance and delivery of projects covering the Finance, Accounting, Financial Reporting, and Human Resources portfolios. This teams is the main liaison between our business partners and our IT support and development teams. We ensure application stability through our outsourced production support vendor and deliver technology capabilities that transform our business operations in partnership with Finance and HR globally.
Mattel is currently seeking a Business Analyst Specialist, Corporate Systems. This role will be a member of a dynamic team focused on the planning and implementation of technology and business initiatives supporting the Finance organization. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to work with cross-functional, multi-project teams to ensure solutions are delivered on-time and on budget in accordance with the defined scope, timeline and budget. The IT Business Analyst Specialist is also responsible for planning, scheduling and controlling all project activities toward these objectives, applying domain knowledge, technical, theoretical and managerial skills to satisfy project requirements, while building positive professional relationships with stakeholders, vendors and project team members.
What Your Impact Will Be:
* Provide project management to various finance initiatives, such as modernizing and consolidating the Tax technology platform, by following Mattel's standard project management methodology and oversight for internal teams and vendors for the IT organization, supporting the Finance business area.
* Be a key lead resource and guide for Finance and IT in Mattel's exciting new journey in moving the corporate Oracle EBS Financials to the cloud and modernizing the accompanying processes
* Report status and escalate issues/risks to GTO leadership.
* Work with internal teams and vendors to document project scope, develop estimates and schedules and track schedules for various projects and technology initiatives for finance.
* Be a point of escalation for issue resolution and risk mitigation for the finance organization
* Be the main liaison between the Mattel Global Shared Services (MGSS) finance organization and IT, supporting projects and critical business activities, such as month-end and year-end closes.
* Will work with internal customers and external consultants, supporting project and operational tasks, as they relate to finance systems, including Oracle, Coupa, Retail Velocity, Licensing, financial reporting, and other home-grown applications.
* Understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions to enable the finance organization to achieve their goals.
What We're Looking For:
* Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
* 7+ years relevant experience in a finance, accounting, tax, auditing, royalty, or IT environment
* Strong Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Project)
* Proficiency in Project management methodology and tools, such as Project Online or MS Project
* Have a thorough functional understanding of Oracle Financials (i.e. multiple OUs, Ledgers, chart of accounts, etc.) and experience working with Oracle Cloud Financials
* Experience in managing multiple simultaneous projects involving cross-functional product teams within budgetary and schedule constraints
* Have a general understanding of Tax systems, determination, validation and reporting
* Excellent critical thinking skills to help address and resolve business issues for the Finance organization.
* Strong teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of users and be able to effectively lead and facilitate requirements or project status meetings.
* Plan and organize tasks, report progress, maintain budgets and manage and coordinate with project consultants
* Work with existing support teams to manage issues and develop enhancement opportunities.
* Work with multiple departments to document and validate current and future state business processes.
* Lead User testing and coordinate project implementations
* Understand and modify the Application Configuration as required (includes system setups, flex-fields, workflow builder, custom library, profile options, etc.).
* Experience with SOX system implementations and interacting with internal audit to satisfy their requirements.
* Persistent attention to detail
What It's Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
* We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
* We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
* We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children's and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at and
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.