About Green Man Gaming
Green Man Gaming is a multi-award-winning global retailer, publisher, and technology business in the video games industry. Working with the world’s leading gaming brands, Green Man Gaming sells games to millions of customers across 195 countries via its market-leading eCommerce platform. Green Man Gaming’s Publishing division offers more choice to independent studios as they navigate their route to market. The Digital Partners Program enables developers to opt for a mixture of publishing services, providing more flexibility to access the expertise and channels they require. Green Man Gaming continues to expand, increasing their service offering and reinforcing its footprint in global markets including LATAM, SE Asia & China.
The Green Man Gaming Product team is looking for an experienced Technical Business Analyst to bridge the gap between business and technical requirements.
The candidate will be responsible for gathering and understanding the requirements from internal business stakeholders and producing functional and technical specifications that the engineering teams can work with.
Working within the product team, the candidate will help shape the product roadmap and influence the technical direction for strategic projects. The role will require coming up with solutions to business problems and communicate with teams, business and technical, on how to implement them.
- Work with business stakeholders & product team to understand the requirements, objectives and goals of projects and document these in a business requirement document.
- Analyse requirements and propose technical solutions by producing functional and technical specifications. Work with the engineers on identifying the right technical solution.
- Oversee execution of technical requirements by the engineering team and work with the QA team to ensure the quality of the deliverables is in line with specifications.
- Participate in the preparation, execution and review of A/B test plans along with the product, business intelligence and marketing teams.
- Able to understand and analyse user and business needs. To investigate, analyse, articulate and solve complex problems and concepts, and make functional and technical suggestions based on available information.
- Use data to ensure that the solution aligns with the objectives, strategy and business and user needs.
- Producing functional and technical specifications, workflow/process diagrams, database models and API specifications.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and capable of researching and recommending technical solutions.
- Supporting the full Project Lifecycle.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to collaborate with the various team disciplines and be able to translate business-speak into tech-speak and vice versa.
- At least 2 years of proven experience in a similar role writing functional and technical specifications.
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience as a developer, preferably full-stack or back-end.
- Previous experience of working in an agile environment and using recognized development methodology, e.g. Agile, Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience working in the video games industry is not required, but familiarity with gaming is advantageous.
- Flexible working
- 30 days paid holiday per year (including Bank Holidays) increased with the length of service
- Sabbatical leave following 3 and 6 years of employment
- 50% game discount for employees
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Corporate Gym Membership Scheme
- Discounts and many other perks