Purpose of Job
We are seeking a hardworking Internal Controls Financial Reporting Advisor I-IT for our San Antonio, TX, or Charlotte, NC facility. This person may also work remotely in a 100% Remote Work Environment.
The ICFR (Internal Controls Financial Reporting) Advisor I performs professional duties in support of ICFR program initiatives with minimal supervision. This individual applies maturing functional knowledge while partnering with various control partners across the USAA Enterprise to produce complex work deliverables in support of ICFR Program pillars including governance & strategy, risk assessment & scoping, control selection, control testing, and evaluating results.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
* Manages the following initiatives on behalf of ICFR Program Management Office (PMO) in support of ICFR related initiatives which may include: Oversight and mapping of business processes to significant accounts, coordinate and/or facilitate execution of walkthrough schedule/sessions, conducts re-testing activities, supports process owner attestation process, assists with documenting evaluation results in support of final ICFR effectiveness decisions.
* Assists in the coordination efforts and facilitation sessions of the annual ICFR walkthrough activities; obtains/develops documentation in support of walkthroughs.
* Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
* Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
* Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities
* Supports ICFR PMO in advising USAA management over ICFR effectiveness and best practices through walkthrough activities and ICFR monthly meetings, escalating concerns to ICFR PMO management.
* Assists in the development of presentation materials supporting ICFR Steering Group (ISG), ICFR touchpoint meetings, and other ICFR communications.
* Partners and coordinates with BCM control partners to identify and evaluate ICFR controls and issues, documents results of overall ICFR control tests, and conducts root cause analysis in accordance with ICFR Program methodologies.
* Proactivity identifies opportunities to improve and strengthen the ICFR control environment; provides guidance and recommendations to BCM partners in the execution of ICFR activities and assists with ICFR training activities.
* Serves as a resource to less experienced team members and BCM community to advise on completing ICFR Program deliverables.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Risk Management or a related discipline: 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* Minimum 4 years' experience in Internal Control Financial Reporting (ICFR), SOX, financial accounting and controls and/or auditing work experience OR at least 2 years of ICFR experience at a Big Four accounting firm.
* Demonstrated knowledge in driving adoption of ICFR and collaborating cross-functional teams in planning and executing complex situations.
* Minimum 2 years' progressive related experience developing and delivering results in a complex ICFR matrix environment.
* Experience identifying opportunities and proposing ideas for improvement within ICFR controls.
* Knowledge of banking, insurance, or investment systems processes, laws and regulations.
* Strong understanding of accounting principles with ability to apply during internal reviews and controls.
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
* Experience effectively communicating to various stakeholders and business partners ICFR results and impacts.
* CPA, CISA, CISSP, PMP, CIA designation
* SOX or ICFR, IT Audit, Risk & Controls experience at a Big Four public accounting firm or public company
* Program/project management experience
* MBA or advanced degree
* Knowledge of banking, insurance, or investment, systems, processes, laws and regulations
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $66,300 - $119,500 *(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
* Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.