Innovation. Sophistication. Optimization. This is our passion.
Worldwide, the Volkswagen Group has a long tradition of dramatic innovations. The Volkswagen Group with its headquarters in Wolfsburg is one of the world's leading automobile manufacturers and the largest car maker in Europe. The Group comprises of twelve brands from seven European countries: Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Ducati, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Scania and MAN.
Here in the US, we are blending German engineering with American ingenuity. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, the Volkswagen Innovation and Engineering Center California (IECC) is becoming the epicenter of vehicle electronics expertise in North America. Comprised of twelve teams, the IECC works with researchers and development teams in the US, Germany and across the globe. We're a team of engineers, designers, scientists, and psychologists looking to develop innovations for future generations of cars, and to transfer technologies from many industries and research institutions into the automotive domain. Our mission is to drive change which means we are not only impacting one of the world's largest car makers, but also the lives of millions of people. Are you ready to join us? Intern - Product Validation Remote Services
The Product Validation team focuses on the series development support of Audi's Connected Infotainment Systems with particular relevance to the US market. The intern will learn to take over responsibilities, to manage time and how to work with the SW tools Confluence and Jira. The intern will gain in depth knowledge about testing in-vehicle connected infotainment systems with the focus on Telematics, Remote Services and Backend communication.Role Responsibilities
- Support in daily validation activities of Connected Infotainment systems and components.
- Perform software updates on test benches and vehicles.
- Execute test cases to check basic functionality of Telematics/Infotainment software.
- Assist with clerical duties associated with test resource management.
- Join test drives and assist with issue documentation.
- Must be enrolled at a University/College or Graduation date must be within the last six months
- Must be working towards a computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering degree or related disciplines.
- Is interested in the automotive industry and connectivity features.
- Must be a motivated team player, with positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Is familiar with data exchange protocols.
Volkswagen Group of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate based on race, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, color, gender identity/expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
- In-vehicle Infotainment/Telematics systems.
- Test Specifications.
- Atlassian tooling = JIRA/Confluence.
- Test Vehicles and Benches.