Vaco is growing and always looking for new talent for our clients. Below is a description of the duties, responsibilities, and requirements that one of our clients is looking for in an Interim Accounting Manager. This role is REMOTE and should last 3-4 months while our client carries out their search, with the possibility of extending longer. Experience using SAP R3 is highly preferred.
- Accounting Manager over daily financial accounting activities & periodic financial reporting.
- Manage Accounts Receivables (A/R) & Accounts Payable (A/R).
- Supervise 2 direct reports, who are responsible for Payroll & A/P operations.
- Assist with tax & regulatory reporting.
- Fixed asset & inventory accounting.
- Management of monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close, and assistance with year-end audits.
- Assist in maintaining & improving internal controls over financial processes & systems.
- Assist in the production of annual budgets and any special financial reporting/analyses at management's request.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience accounting and financial transaction processing, including performing journal entries & account reconciliations.
- Strong General Ledger (Balance Sheet & Income Statement) accounting experience.
- Familiarity with federal, state, and local tax structures and regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and time management skills.
- Ability to contribute to the evaluation of business vs budget activities on future financial results.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analysis skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Experience using SAP strongly preferred.
- Four-year degree in Accounting/Finance & experience leading a team. CPA designation a plus.