Insurance Product Manager - Sigo Technologies, Inc.
Sigo Seguros is an inclusive auto insurance provider focused on serving the Spanish-speaking community. The company provides transparent, reliable, and affordable prices that removes fees and biased rating factors that have disproportionately affected minorities. Additionally, the company provides coverage for customers with US and foreign licenses or IDs. Founded in 2019, Sigo Seguros is available in Texas and offers a mobile-first platform that simplifies the auto insurance purchasing process. Sigo Seguros makes it easy to purchase the right coverage for you and your family. Sigo Seguros: Siempre ContigoThe Role
As Sigo's Head of Insurance, you will lead Sigo's managing general agent (MGA) product, recently launched in Texas. It will be your mission to make Sigo's insurance product meet the needs of traditionally-underserved Spanish speakers in the US.
You will lead Sigo's core insurance functions, including insurance product strategy, pricing, underwriting and risk management. You will lead the development of innovative new insurance products that delight customers and while maintaining profitability.
The Head of Insurance will own the insurance product, product strategy and underwriting results and report directly to the CEO.
Bring your deep auto insurance expertise, a frustration with the status quo, and a willingness to shake things up to this exciting opportunity to lead a category-defining insurance offering.Responsibilities
- Own Sigo's managing general agent (MGA) product in Texas, including all rates, rules, filings and forms.
- Help translate insurance product needs into software tools
- Create and launch Sigo's personal auto insurance products in future states
- Manage underwriting results and profitability
- Manage relationships with fronting carrier, reinsurance, and regulators
- Drive continuous innovation in insurance products, including underwriting, pricing, and coverage, based on your analysis
- Guide and collaborate on claims process and experience
- Select, hire, and work with any outside consultants necessary
- Build insurance team and functions as Sigo grows
- 5+ years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility in insurance
- 2+ years in insurance product management
- Non-standard auto experience strongly preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate and work closely in cross-functional teams.
? Experience working with software teams & Agile ways of working preferred
What we offer:
- Lead and thrive in non-hierarchical settings
- Scrappy, self-starting hustler, able to get things done in an unstructured startup environment
- Spanish language skills preferred
- Passion for social impact
- Generous early stage equity grants
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Flexible work environment
- Responsibility and autonomy at a growing company
- The opportunity to build something big and exciting
- Paid parental leave
Powered by JazzHR