Instructional/Learning Graphics Designer (Remote)DescriptionLockwood Hills, an Akima Company,
provides critical mission support services for federal civilian and military operations. With four areas of proven expertise, Lockwood Hills can conquer the operational challenges of any federal mission from remote installations stateside to secure locations overseas. Our work includes safeguarding vital installations and personnel, maintaining and modifying aircraft, keeping operations on track with integrated logistics, and driving business with records management and administrative support services. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to safety, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company's profits go back to our more than 14,000 Iupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.Job Responsibilities:
Graphics Designer working collaboratively with the ADL team, and with responsibilities to include:
- Generates and manipulates graphic images, animations, sound, text, and video into consolidated and seamless multimedia programs to support courseware development.
- Uses knowledge of current graphic design software to produce graphic art and visual materials for promotions, advertisements, films, packaging, and informative and instructional material through a variety of media outlets.
- Stays abreast of technological advances in the field and be able to identify areas of use at ADL
- Responsible for supporting internal R&D efforts to develop graphics, art, and technical documentation, evaluate courseware for graphic design implementation in a team environment, supports development of technical documentation, specifications, and user guides and familiarity with distributed learning specifications (e.g., SCORM, xAPI, Dublin Core), distributed learning interoperability (e.g., linked data, semantic web) and Defense/Government distributed learning policy and policy bodies (e.g., DODI 1322.26, DADLAC).
- Supports the graphical design of prototypes related to distributed learning.
- Establishes, plans, and provides recommendation for implementation of graphical designs and art.
- Provides graphical design development knowledge and expertise and provides recommendations in distributed learning technologies to the R&D Principal, as required.
- Develop graphical design to enhance the user experience.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Requires minimum four (4) years' progressive experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
- Requires a knowledge of different graphical design software and familiarity with learning science (e.g., instructional design, learning theories).
- Knowledge of human factors/usability principles and best practices, knowledge and familiarity with Defense/Government culture and protocols.
- Highly enthusiastic, creative, and passionate about producing education and training capability for the warfighter and experienced working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Positive, collaborative, and dedicated team player who provides subject matter expertise and guidance to successfully complete complex tasks.
- Ability to balance multiple projects to meet tight deadlines and customer satisfaction.
- Offer innovative and practical solutions for improving the quality of deliverables and efficacy of process execution.
- Ability to operate efficiently in a Windows environment with computer skills including MS Office Suite of tools, MS SharePoint, and Adobe.
- Familiarity with Government and industry working groups and communities of practice.
- Experience working with senior level government and industry leadership.
- Outstanding written (prose, editing, proofreading and presentation) and oral communications skills, especially the ability to articulate complex strategic situations and strategies and to effectively communicate to audiences with and without distributed learning experience.
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
Some travel (15%) may be required.Education
: Requires a Bachelor's Degree in the Arts or Sciences.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at or . Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.Job:
Information TechnologyPrimary Location:
Day JobReq ID: