At Crunchyroll, we are filled with a drive to create a space for everyone to belong; for our fans both inside and outside the company. On the People Team, we are at the forefront of the efforts to supercharge Crunchyroll employees, empowering our people to do their best work and level up their careers. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to make a direct impact on employee development as an Instructional Designer. You will own the content development for programs and learning initiatives directly targeted to the company’s largest opportunities.
What You’ll Do In This Role
In this role, you’ll design, create, and deliver engaging learning content (e.g. job aids, e-learnings, micro-learning video content, interactive web pages, and promotional materials). Specific examples include:
- Create e-Learning content & micro-learning videos with various authoring tools (e.g. Articulate 360, Adobe Creative Suite, Synapse, Premiere, Vyond, After Effects, etc.).
- Create micro-Learning videos with various video editing tools (e.g. Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro) and animation tools (Vyond, Powtoons, etc.).
- Develop Instructor-led training - e.g. Google Slide presentations, providing feedback and an expert learning opinion on content.
- Revitalize learning content for Crunchyroll’s New Hire Orientation and build supplemental materials for Leadership Development
- Support the development of processes for training content pipeline, including intake, validation, review, launch, etc.
- Manage the learning development process using either ADDIE, SAM, or OK-LCD frameworks. This includes stakeholder request management, development, delivery, evaluation, and revision.
What You’ll Bring:
- A portfolio of recent content for team review with at least 1 video example and 1 elearning example. Webpage/Intranet page design examples are a big plus!
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Instructional Design, or Marketing/Advertising (or 3 additional years relevant experience).
- 5+ years of experience in a heavily design focused learning role.
- Experience building engaging and impactful learning content - from ideation to delivery.
- Scrappy creativity, intellectual curiosity, and the desire to constantly improve
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with multiple partners across various departments while balancing multiple projects/programs.
- A proactive, service-driven, and collaborative approach to designing learning experiences with specific attention to user experience.
- High degree of fluency in GSuite, including Slides, Docs, Sheets, Sites, and Forms.
- High degree of fluency in eLearning or Video design software (Articulate 360, Adobe Captivate, Final Cut Pro, and Adobe Premiere Pro).
- Experience designing Performance Development, Manager Training, or New Hire Orientations.
Why you will love working at Crunchyroll
In addition to getting to work with fun, passionate and inspired colleagues, you will also enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- Receive a great compensation package including salary plus performance bonus earning potential, paid annually.
- Flexible time off policies allowing you to take the time you need to be your whole self.
- Generous medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health Saving Account HSA program
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan, with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- Support program for new parents
- Pet insurance and some of our offices are pet friendly!