Since 1974, Shermco has become North America's largest and fastest growing NETA-accredited electrical testing organization. Our focus is to make sure electrical power systems are functioning properly and safely. Add to that our Professional Engineering Group, Rotating Machinery Division, Renewable Energy Services, and Field Repair and local Repair Service Centers, places Shermco in a position to handle all things electrical. All done with an emphasis on safety and client service. That's why we say… if it's in the electrical power system, Shermco does it.
Backed by Gryphon Investors, a leading private equity firm focused on profitably growing and competitively enhancing middle-market companies in partnership with experienced management, Shermco is poised for the next decade and beyond.
Shermco Industries Inc. is seeking an Inside Sales Estimator.
Inside Sales Estimator (work remote)
Join our team of leaders in electrical power system maintenance, repair, testing & training. Due to continued growth, we are seeking an Inside Sales Estimator Specialist, to provide project estimating and sales support to our Electrical Testing and Field Services customers. Shermco Industries has one of the largest electrical field services divisions in the industry.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Work collaboratively with inside and outside sales team.
- On occasion, perform job walks with sales staff at customer sites.
- Review customer RFPs, engineering drawings, and technical content.
- Estimate work hours, required materials, travel, logistics, and other project needs to meet customer scope of work.
- Develop proposals and costing spreadsheets for jobs and projects.
- Handle cancellations or changes in sales order and communicate the changes with the related departments.
- Coordinate with production departments for status on orders to ensure the delivery commitment to clients is met.
- Capture accurate and complete information in Salesforce (CRM).
- Monitor daily log of proposals and quotes to insure timely submissions.
- Communicate regularly with customers, sales, and production as necessary.
- Must be able to read and understand a one-line electric diagram.
Minimum Qualifications to qualify for consideration, you must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum of High School diploma; Associates or bachelor's degree a plus.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and data entry; CRM experience a plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and excellent telephone personality skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to multi-task with shifting priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed environment - must be a self-starter.
- 1+ years' experience in any of the following: sales, technical estimating/quoting, business, or technical field services role
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- All offers are conditioned on acceptable results from a background check and drug and alcohol screening.
- Must be able to work at a desk/cubicle on a PC with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
Shermco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Shermco is a drug-free workplace.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
No Agencies Please. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Shermco from a third party, such as an Agency, including unsolicited resumes sent to Shermco mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Shermco System Integration employees, or to Shermco System Integration resume database will be considered Shermco property. Shermco will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.