Inpatient/Hospital Coding experience IS required to be considered for this role!
*Although this opportunity is remote, you must live within 1 hour of the Philadelphia area. There will be an onsite orientation period*
- Assigns ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 codes according to the Official Guidelines for coding and reporting. (Including but not limited to AHA, AMA, AHIMA, CMS, NCHS, and MLHS specific guidelines).
- Adheres to HIM policies regarding diagnosis and procedure code assignment and abstraction.
- Accurately abstracts selected data elements from each record into the clinical management system to ensure the accuracy of various hospital databases.
- Informs management of any issues or concerns regarding documentation in the medical record.
- Collaborates with coding clerk and/or supervisor to ensure all cases are coded within timeframes specified in the Main Line Health guidelines.
- Maintains a coding compliance score of 92% to 95%.
- Maintains DRG and/or APC accuracy rate of 95% to 97%.
- Maintains established productivity standards. See HIM Policy 7.8 Coding Productivity Guidelines.
- Attends mandatory educational sessions and earns 10 continuing education credits per calendar year.
- Refers all coding/billing inquiries from internal or external sources to the coding supervisor.
- Retrieves medical records to be coded and abstracted from the processing shelves or other areas of the department and returns medical records to the proper areas on the processing shelves following coding and abstracting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Shifts Available: Sunday to Thursday OR Tuesday to SaturdayJob Requirements:
Education: Completion of basic coding courses from an AHIMA accredited program required. Associate Degree preferred.
Licensures & Certifications: RHIT, or RHIA preferred. CCS or eligible.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience coding ICD-10-CM, CPT-4, and DRG and/or APC assignment required. Acute care facility experience preferred.
- Will train onsite for the first 30-90 days. Upon completion of training, able to work from home full time.
- Required to go onsite a few times a year for meetings
- Benefits start DAY 1!
- 4 weeks PTO
For additional information please reach out to Rachel Riegel at or .