What you'll be doing...
The Project Manager represents the most senior level project delivery position within clients Services. You will provide managerial leadership for large, complex engagements involving multiple technologies and/or representing significant revenue. Managed engagements at this level may be global or multi-regional in nature. You will manage and take ownership of technical complex customer projects in such a way that each project is accomplished to the satisfaction of the customer Statement of Work; on schedule, quality assured and within budget. You will ensure all flow-down requirements are managed to overall project scope, including those involving third parties and internal suppliers.
- You will need to rely on strong technical experience and understanding to ensure engineering milestones are achievable and aligned to solution end-state. You will apply subject matter expertise on specific technologies required to design and deliver custom solutions. You will ensure that customer projects are planned, coordinated and communicated in a professional manner, keeping customer stakeholders regularly informed of progress, and ensuring that all stakeholder expectations are managed and customer committed dates are consistently met. You will serve as the project single point of contact for all external customers and partners as well as internal project team members. You will manage all aspects of the project level P & L. You will handle the most complex problems and develop resolutions independently.
- Selecting and assigning project resources based on skill sets and availability.
- Developing the detailed project plan to implement the required complex solution within time, cost, and resource limitations.
- Providing overall project management of the complex solution implementation, including managing change requests and scope creep, mitigating risks, monitoring and reporting on project status and successful achievement of milestones.
- Managing customers requested changes during implementation and during ongoing lifecycle support if changes require a project to be fulfilled.
- Working with the customer to plan and manage the deployment, delivery, and installation of complex solutions.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Technical Project Management experience focused on large network/infrastructure implementation projects - particularly for Wi-Fi projects for large, complex implementations with Cisco or Extreme Networks.
- PMP Certification.
- Willingness to travel.
- Demonstrate expertise with Microsoft Project, Smartsheets, JIRA and project management tools.
- ITILv3; or willingness to obtain within the first year of employment.
- Experience in technical project management for network infrastructure implementations, including project management for network physical layer 1 implementations:
- Experience closet building. Implementation work in telecommunications closet.
- Knowledge of cabling systems, cable and fiber patching, and rack and stack of network equipment.
- IT project implementation experience.
- Organization skills and ability to store and recall large volumes of information.
- provided by Dice