At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
The IaaS and Automation Services Team is responsible for the technical strategy, operational efficiency, and automation for the Edward Jones open systems computing infrastructure environment.
The environment consists of 5,000 physical and virtual Linux and Windows servers, VMware virtualization platform, and 400 hosts.
Current high priority initiatives include large scale process automation, advancing operational efficiencies, enhanced monitoring, DevOps/Agile transformation, and Cloud initiative execution.
The ideal candidate will exhibit technical leadership to identify, design, drive, and implement transformational technologies to support the current and future needs of Edward Jones.
Candidates should have a background in supporting and deploying critical IT infrastructure and leveraging major vendors' technologies to perform the planning and execution of platform currency, compute capacity, projects, and research efforts.
What you'll do...
* Identify, procure, and integrate best-of-breed tools to provide Infrastructure as Code and Infrastructure as a Service
* Lead the development and execution of automation across platforms and teams to improve the agility and availability of the computing platform and eliminate process waste
* Design, implement and support virtualization platform running on VMware vSphere
* Design, implement and support Enterprise Red Hat Linux and Windows platform (physical & virtual)
* Design and strategy for vendor tools including Red Hat Satellite, Ansible Tower, CloudForms, and HPE OneView
* Monitor performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed
* Research automation products, services, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the industry
What you'll do...
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field, or relevant experience
* 7 or more years' experience in Server System Administration, with knowledge of both Linux and Windows OS
* Expertise with large and complex Infrastructure Automation initiatives using Ansible, PowerShell, and other common scripting/programming languages (Python, YAML, Bash, PowerCLI)
* Experience with VMware ESXi, NSX, vCenter, and vRealize Suite
* Understanding of Hardware, Operating Systems, Security, Storage, and Network Technologies
* Ability to develop complex technical requirements and system designs with an understanding of business and technical implications
* Formal training/Certification in Agile/DevOps practices (SAFe 5 Agile) and a general understanding of Application Development processes
* Ability to demonstrate thought leadership and an innovation mindset
* Excellent communication skills with business partners, vendors, technology peers, and across multiple levels of leadership
* Motivated Self Starter with the ability to work with limited guidance
* Continuous learner with the desire to develop and apply new skills
* Foundational experience with Cloud Computing/Cloud Server Administration/IaaS (Azure & AWS)
* FORTUNE 2020 - Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
* From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
* Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
* 2020 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
* Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list - the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
* Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
* The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified™ organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firm's 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $89642 - $152634