This role offers valuable technical tax experience in a fast-moving trading environment. The focus is on tax reporting and control for US and Canada. Primary duties include preparation of indirect tax returns (sales and use, fuel excise, severance, environmental and property tax) along with reconciliation and monitoring of ledger accounts, and special projects.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting,
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- 2 years experience in tax or accounting - - energy industry experience is a plus
- Strong written & verbal communications and numerical reasoning skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be flexible and work to deadlines often under pressure
- Microsoft Excel, Word
- Preparation of tax returns, account reconciliations, data analysis, certificate management, and assist in responding to tax inquiries from counter parties and jurisdictions.
- Document processes and conduct internal review of procedures to ensure adequate controls are in place to discharge tax compliance obligations.
- Assist in systems improvements and development of IT systems and system-driven reports.
- Other projects as may be assigned from time to time.
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
This job posting includes the candidates registered in the National Registry of Persons with Disabilities, who meet the conditions and suitability for the position described in accordance with the provisions of Law Number 19.691.