See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Incident Commander
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to lead all high priority incidents, in order to provide clear coordination, recruiting others to gather context/details. You will be delegating tasks across business units, roles and all levels of the company. You are always considering next steps and backup plans at every opportunity, in an effort to avoid getting stuck without any clear options to proceed and to keep things moving towards resolution. You facilitate the incident lifecycle.
In this role, you’ll:
- Orchestrate all incident management responses for high priority incidents. Own the incident record, ensuring the accuracy of data across teams, products, timelines, root cause, severity, and customer impact
- Ensure all key teams are actively engaged in the impact assessment, triage, and remediation of incidents
- Ensure timely and relevant communications and escalations are delivered to stakeholders within SLA
- Manage all high severity incident post mortems and betterment identification, tracking, and delivery to help make all teams better.
- Ensure high-quality RFOs are delivered for customers within SLA. Manage significant customer issues that do not rise to the level of a widespread outage.
- Diagnose and resolve process issues with customer escalations that impede responsiveness
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Can communicate appropriately with customers at both technical and C Levels.
- Overall 5-7 years relevant experience.
- Ability to size-up a situation, assess the effectiveness of various tactics/strategies, and make rapid decisions on appropriate courses of action
- Has flexibility, and is able to listen to expert feedback, modifying plans on-the-fly as necessary
- Has been involved in multiple high-severity, high priority incident responses, either as a spectator or as an active participant
- Understands the lifecycle of an incident
- Understands how to discover contributing factors from a Post Incident Review
- Has gravitas, takes command, and is willing to kick people off a call to remove distractions, even if it's the CEO
- This role requires working in APAC shift and the shift timings would be 6:30 AM to 2:30 PM IST
- High-level knowledge of how the different Twilio services interact with each other
- Certification(s) in Incident Management (CEIM), Security Incident Management (CSIRT), program management/project management, Six Sigma, Scrum, or similar
This role will be located in our Bengaluru, India office.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.