I am currently recruiting for a Solicitor to join my client's legal team on a contract basis for 3 months to cover a short term resourcing need - with the possibility of the contract being extended beyond that date. You would be working alongside an existing member of the team to provide general commercial contract support to our National business unit.
In this role, your key accountabilities include;
* Provide legal advice to the business on a wide variety of issues to ensure the risk to the company is minimised
* Draft and negotiate with international suppliers, partners, major customers and their advisers bespoke contracts that achieve strategic commercial and risk objectives. Bespoke contracts involving the creation of complex original documents frequently involving multi-million pound turnover and liabilities.
* Identify workable solutions to problems to ensure legal compliance in any given situation
* Manage the contract signing procedure to ensure that contractual requirements are fulfilled accordingly.
* Manage client expectations to ensure that work is prioritised according to the needs of the business
* Manage the relationship between the Company and its external legal representatives to ensure that the requirements of the business are met
* Contribute to the bank of precedent contracts required to ensure that contracts can be drafted efficiently and effectively
* Draft standard contract templates with risk profiles that meet business objectives.
* Analyse Invitations To Tender and creates Invitation To Tender/tender responses that are commercially astute and minimise commercial risk
* Advise and negotiates with customers and their lawyers on post-contractual claims, so as to minimise losses to the Group
* Ensure Delegations of Authority are observed in respect of contractual matters.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age