Immediate need for Major Professional Services firm! The Authentication & Authorization Architect is accountable and responsible for the alignment of business, operational and security requirements and translation of those requirements into technical IAM capabilities. IAM services include, but not limited to, Identity Lifecycle Management, authentication and authorization, session management, access requests, access provisioning, access reauthorization, remote access, IAM services API, role and entitlement models, and directory technologies. The IAM Authentication & Authorization Architect will work with other Architects and Service Owners to create a roadmap that meets strategic and current requirements.
Extensive experience working with IAM Technologies including strong experience with Authentication & Authorization technologies and protocols such as OAuth, OIDC, SAML, RBAC, ABAC
• Must have proven experience in providing architecture guidance and advisory services to clients for various environments and systems, including application/technology blueprints, roadmaps, optimization, and migration strategies.
• Responsible for designing solutions that access to application functionality.
• Deliver technical security configuration architecture expertise in implementing cross-organizational information sharing.
• Develop solutions and recommendations for issues caused by process challenges, emerging threats and technology changes.
• Act as trusted security architecture advisor with extensive evidence of ability to provide strategic direction in leading activities in support of Authentication & Authorization tools & technologies and enterprise security objectives.
• Provide professional knowledge and experience of information systems security identity policies and large enterprise scale practices.
• Develop security architectures, and engineering system specifications implementing managementcentralized authorization platforms and security controls in development and operational systems.
• Solid understanding of application and systems security architecture and best practices.
Skills and attributes for success
The individual in this role must be well educated in general aspects of Information Security, namely:
• SME knowledge of authentication technologies and protocols
• Strong knowledge of Azure AD, Ping and Auth0 technologies
• 6+ years' experience in hands-on Identity Management positions
• Must have experience implementing an enterprise level Authentication & Authorization infrastructure.
• Ability to secure solution architecture solutions
• Ability to effectively communicate and advocate key security requirements and control implementation to the development team
Further, the individual must be well versed in the practices and methods within IT Services, specifically:
• IT Strategy
• Enterprise Architecture
Desired skills include:
• Experience in Authorization technologies based on RBAC, ABAC and/or PBAC
• Significant experience in Azure AD or Auth0