H2 Performance Consulting is subject to the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act as a Federal Contractor and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strives to build a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Additionally, as mandated under Executive order 12989, H2 is required to verify employment eligibility of selected candidates through the Department of Labor’s - E-Verify.
H2 Performance Consulting (H2) is seeking a Mid-Level IPv6 Network Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in IPv6 networking, network design, implementation, and troubleshooting. They will collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and maintain our IPv6 network infrastructure, ensuring its optimal performance and security.
The IPv6 Network Engineer responsibilities will include:
- Design, implement, and maintain IPv6 network architectures to meet the specific requirements of the customer.
- Configure routers, switches, firewalls, and other network devices for IPv6 compatibility.
- Develop and manage IPv6 address plan to efficiently allocate and manage IPv6 address space.
- Configure and troubleshoot IPv6 routing protocols, including OSPFv3, MP-BGP, EIGRP Name Mode, and DMVPN for seamless network connectivity.
- Implement and maintain security measures to protect the IPv6 network from threats and vulnerabilities, including firewall rules, ACLs, IPSec, and intrusion detection systems.
- Utilize network IPAM tools for IPv6 addressing management.
- Diagnose and resolve complex IPv6 network problems, collaborating with other team members and vendors as needed.
- Maintain detailed network documentation, including network diagrams, configurations, cut sheets and procedures.
- Collaborate with other IT teams and departments to ensure seamless integration of IPv6 networking solutions.
- This position requires ~30% travel.
H2 Performance Consulting offers competitive benefits to include health insurance, vision/dental insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, and 401K.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Active DoD Secret clearance required.
- Must have a DoD 8570.01-M, IAT level 2 certification.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a network engineer, with a focus on IPv6 networking.
- Strong knowledge of IPv6 addressing, routing, and subnetting.
- Proficiency in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers, switches, Cisco SD-WAN, Cisco SDA, Cisco Firepower Firewall, Palo Alto Firewalls, F5 Load Balancer, or similar networking equipment.
- Experience with network security protocols and practices.
- Familiarity with NAT64 and DNS64 translation services.
- Familiarity with network IPAM tools.
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP in Enterprise Infrastructure certification (CCNP preferred).
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume to the career section of our company website. All resumes will be reviewed within 5 business days and those candidates we wish to further in the application process will be contacted via email/phone to schedule initial phone screens.