At Doist, we're building the future of work.
We're a multidisciplinary, fully-remote, team that’s passionate about creating products, like Todoist and Twist, that improve people’s lives. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and we seek to rethink how productivity tools are made.
Our Core Values
They are few, but they are mighty. From creating processes to decision-making and recruiting, we build our four core values into nearly every single thing we do.
- Ambition. You aspire to put a dent in the universe. You set high standards for yourself and those around you. You solve issues that have a high impact on our customers and our company.
- Mastery. You care deeply about the quality of your work. You’re continuously learning and pushing yourself to the limits of your ability. As a champion of your craft, you are also a champion of your well-being – you work intensely, then disconnect completely.
- Independence. Others can trust that you’ll deliver on time. You keep your word and trust your teammates to do the same. You are proactive, take ownership, and remain accountable with little or no direction.
- Communication. Your communication is clear, concise, and engaging. You keep others in the loop and never go radio silent. You speak respectfully and foster warm relationships through your interactions. You’re culturally and socially aware and can appropriately navigate social situations.
We invite you to visit our blog to learn more about us, our values, and how we work.
As an iOS Engineer, you will use your software engineering skills to help our team continue to deliver an amazing experience for Todoist on iOS, iPadOS, and watchOS for millions of users. To accomplish this, you will design, build, and maintain reusable and reliable code.
At Doist you are not just a developer churning out code, but an important contributor with business aptitude, creativity and strong interpersonal skills. You'll have the opportunity to lead and collaborate in cross-functional teams that work to solve pain points our users face, as well as build new and exciting features.
Our codebase, written in Swift, is far from perfect. We are looking for ways to modernize our stack and architecture to build the most reliable codebase possible. (This is a good opportunity for you to have an impact on our team.)
We're a great fit if you thrive in understanding and evolving legacy systems, maintaining a high delivery cadence and quality, systematically repaying technical debt, mentoring colleagues, and working with a highly resilient team. We are seeking an engineer who will raise the bar for the team and help us continue evolving our momentum, solution architecture, and overall quality.
These are the key attributes that will enable you to thrive in this position:
- You have considerable professional experience in designing, building, and maintaining production-ready software for Apple platforms (iOS, iPadOS, watchOS).
- You have a strong knowledge of the Swift programming language and follow its evolution closely.
- You have a robust understanding of the UIKit framework. Bonus points if you have worked with SwiftUI in production.
- You have a deep awareness of Apple Human Interface Guidelines and always look for opportunities to ensure they are followed.
- You are familiar with the latest and greatest technologies of the Apple platforms announced at WWDC.
- You have a strong knowledge of testing principles both in Unit and UI testing.
- You are familiar with the most common persistence technologies (e.g. GRDB, Realm, Core Data).
- You possess strong English speaking and writing communication skills suitable for a remote and asynchronous work environment.
- You routinely produce readable, well-structured code in concise Git commits.
- You have extensive experience in writing and reviewing pull requests, consistently providing valuable feedback and mentorship through your reviews.
Our perks and benefits are designed to provide the freedom and support you need to grow personally and professionally. Here’s what that looks like:
- Work from anywhere in the world. We never place restrictions on locations.
- Design your own schedule. Work no more than 40 hours/week.
- Competitive pay. Our formula-based salary calculation provides a highly competitive rate based on your skills and location.
Expand your professional skills
- Pursue personal projects. All Doisters get one month per year to spend on a work-related project they’re passionate about
- Attend conferences. You’ll have a recurring budget to spend on attending conferences that grow your professional knowledge, skills, and network.
- Company retreats. Our annual company-wide retreats are unforgettable.
Craft your ideal work environment
- Cozy up at a coworking space. Find a coworking space that’s right for you and Doist will cover the expense.
- Apps and services budget. You’ll have a monthly budget to spend on services that help you do your job.
- Hardware budget. You’ll have access to a recurring budget to spend on work-related equipment.
Focus on your well-being
- Generous time off. Doisters get 8 weeks (40 days) of PTO/year to use as they wish on vacations and national holidays.
- Parental leave. New parents receive 5 weeks of paid parental leave in addition to 13 weeks of paid pregnancy-related medical leave.
- Invest in your health and wellness. You’ll have a monthly budget to spend on things like gym membership, healthy snacks, massages, health insurance, etc.
All information collected through this application is stored in Workable, Doist’s Applicant Tracking System, where it will be used for recruitment purposes only. For more information on how we handle candidate data at Doist, we invite you to review our recruitment privacy notice. For questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (managed by Andrew Gobran & Allan Christensen from People team).Requirements
Not sure the role is a good fit for you? That's okay! We'd still be happy to consider you. Here's what the process looks like:
- Submit your complete application by November 27 at 2:00PM UTC. This includes a resume (or manually entered experience) and thoughtful responses to all the application questions. No cover letter needed!
- Application screening. We read every application to understand your motivation, skills, and experience. Once your application has been reviewed, you'll receive a response regarding the status of your application.
- Value alignment interview with Jaime A. (Head of Apple).
- Take-home test project. This will be your opportunity to showcase your role-specific skills.
- Role-specific interview with Andris Z. (iOS Engineer).
- Culture contribution interview with Rastislav V. (Head of Android).