Primary Skills: HR, MS Office, Workday
Duration: 6 Month+ (possibility of extension)
The HR Associate collaborates with employees and provides centralized support for Human Resources Business Partners in their work with assigned business units/departments.
Essential job functions include:
- Serving as a key client partner to provide answers and solutions for the variety of scenarios and questions that arise and are associated with human resources initiatives and employment benefits; e.g. performance management, payroll, leaves of absence, compensation changes, on boarding exit interviews, etc.
- Working across the HR Field Delivery Team to ensure consistent approaches are applied regarding human resources standards and procedures. This can include participation in meetings with client groups, participation in meetings with external vendors, helping to plan training initiatives, engaging in projects, and partnering with other teams within the HR organization
- Maintaining accurate Workday data entry and reporting, processing of all new hire paperwork and employee terminations, and maintaining up-to-date and accurate employee files
- Additional duties include acting as an initial resource for employees with questions or concerns, special projects as assigned, participation in employee relations scenarios, and general administrative duties
- The ability to consult with clients and colleagues without being overly process driven by applying a principles based approach rather than a rules based approach
Qualified candidates will have:
- 2-5 years business experience, ideally in a client centric HR organization
- Excellent customer service and communication skills are necessary in order to present the Human Resources department professionally when partnering with internal colleagues and external clients
- The ability to learn quickly, demonstrate business expertise, and organizational savvy
- The ability to adapt and evolve as situations or projects arise while proactively providing solutions to opportunities that present themselves
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is a must
- Must have excellent PC skills including MS Office and Workday
- Undergrad degree preferred
To follow up with any questions, please contact Hovie at
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.