Work is 100% remote
AvantGarde, LLC (AG) seeks to engage a Recruitment Marketing Specialist to support our Federal Marketing and Outreach Lead in the Office of Human Resources within the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). The Specialist will develop recruitment marketing strategies and participate in planning, coordinating, executing, and evaluating integrated approaches to recruit diverse top talent for mission-critical occupations at the agency-wide level. Work is 100% remote, but some onsite assistance will be needed occasionally to prepare for on-site events.
- Develop hiring/recruitment marketing strategies.
- Craft creative and engaging recruitment marketing content and messaging that align with/enhance brand identity and resonate with both passive and active candidates.
- Collaborate with agency representatives to identify the highest priority positions to target for recruitment/outreach support.
- Examine the results of past strategies and gain an understanding of current recruitment marketing and social media strategies and their expected outcomes.
- Design and execute strategies aligned with the highest-priority positions or targeted applicant pools across positions, marketing content/campaigns, and distribution channels.
- Collaborate with federal HR team members and AG Staffing Specialists to ensure alignment of the recruitment approach and marketing campaign with vacancy announcement open periods.
- Align vacancy announcement content with marketing approaches to attract desired candidate pools.
- Develop a detailed, repeatable project plan capturing all stakeholders involved in virtual job fairs/hiring events that include roles and responsibilities, task due dates, event logistics coordination, and outreach and marketing collateral development and distribution.
- Identify the date and venue for on-site hosted events; deploy marketing and advertising approaches that garner high interest and attendance; create registration/reservation processes; track whether advertising approaches result in sufficient reservations; determine whether events will have sessions about available career opportunities or one-on-one or panel interviews; ensure execution of logistics that secure the right kinds of agency representatives; and coordinate with staff handling details of event logistics.
- Develop and manage hiring products and tools to tell the agency's story, engage desired candidate pools and networks for candidate pipelines, integrate media and other posts to amplify existing recruitment strategies, or execute new recruitment campaigns through the use of social media platforms.
- Create marketing recruitment assets for initiatives such as virtual invitations, flyers, banners, brochures, and videos.
- Help execute new recruitment services contracts such as LinkedIn; and utilize existing social media channels such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and the Careers page to develop engaging posts that drive candidates to take action.
- Build and track analytics in HootSuite or Google Analytics to monitor marketing campaigns and strategies to identify how many candidates are landing at the desired URL as referrals from social media, count candidates moving forward to the application process from social media referrals, track return on investment for targeted campaigns, and gauge which posts perform best with certain audiences.
- Coordinate with the Chief Communications Office to deliver impactful, formatted recruitment messages to be posted on Facebook and Twitter accounts and collaborate on the graphic design of banners and displays to ensure alignment with style and branding guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or an equivalent degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience building creative and engaging recruitment marketing/branding strategies across multiple channels that align with or enhance brand identity.
- Must have social media savvy to effectively use federal client platforms in the manner best suited to the desired results.
- Experience using such tools as Hoot Suite or Google Analytics to monitor marketing campaigns, as well as social media channels such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and the Careers page to develop engaging posts that drive candidates to take action.
- Must have graphic design experience to create creative and eye-catching materials and recruitment collateral and integrate these into the federal client's existing style and branding.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interviewing skills, organizational and people skills.
- Excellent ability to self-manage, create project plans for use in career fair planning and for marketing campaign deployment and proactively see projects to completion.
- Strong collaborator and partner who can influence up and down in the organization.
- Must use tact, diplomacy, and patience when communicating and dealing with others, e.g., co-workers, managers, supervisors, and internal/external clients.
- Graphic design using Adobe Creative Suite, as well as being enthusiastic and passionate about the field of work, is highly desired
- Ability to select appropriate material, arrange, and composite conceptual layouts, and maintain well-organized files is required.
- Ability to write and edit original social media content and long-form copy is required.
- Knowledge of data collection methods and market research analysis experience is required.
- Knowledge of MS Office and project management principles is required.
- Strong customer service skills with a focus on excellence in AvantGarde client management and execution.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is essential.
Since its establishment in 2011, AG has executed 110+ federal contracts as Prime Contractor. For nearly a decade, we have provided extensive expert support to clients in the areas of human capital strategy, organizational transformation, workforce planning, workload assessment, talent management, training, and other areas of human capital management and organizational development. AG's list of federal clients includes: the U.S. Departments of Justice, Transportation, Treasury, Agriculture, and Commerce, and Defense (Army, Navy, and National Guard) as well as the U.S. House of Representatives, Architect of the Capitol, the National Science Foundation, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the Corporation for National and Community Service, and to name a few.
AG's core competencies bring together solutions that address the holistic needs of our clients in four key areas: People, Process, Strategy, and Technology. Our consulting solutions and service offerings extend across four distinct areas: Human Capital Management, Organizational Development, Business Operations Support, and Information Technology. We offer a comprehensive scope of services that are specifically designed to enhance organizational efficiency, effectiveness, and adaptability.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, AvantGarde LLC makes all recruitment and employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including gender and transgender status), national origin, disability status, marital status, veteran status, registered domestic partner or civilian union status, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state and local laws. AvantGarde hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled