Job Title: HR Admin
Work Shift: PST
Working Hours: Part Time- 20 hours/week
We are seeking a knowledgeable and experienced HR Specialist with a strong understanding of California labor laws to join our team on a part-time basis. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in ensuring HR compliance, managing employee relations, and supporting our HR needs.
Compliance and Policy Development:
- Stay up-to-date with California employment laws and regulations.
- Develop and update HR policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Advise management on labor law matters.
- Updating employee handbook.
Recruitment and Onboarding:
- Assist in the recruitment process, including job postings, candidate screening, and interviews.
- Conduct new employee orientations .
- Draft onboarding documents and ensure all required documentation is signed and completed.
- Distributing employee handbook.
- Creating employee email profiles and adding to subscriptions.
- Create an onboarding schedule/calendar with relevant department heads.
- Conduct an offboarding meeting with employee.
- Terminate employee on all relevant platforms.
- Remove former employee profiles.
- Any other offboarding duties (i.e. removing from benefits).
- Track birthdays and anniversaries
- Act as a point of contact for employee inquiries and concerns.
- Mediate and resolve employee disputes or conflicts.
- Ensure fair and consistent application of HR policies.
- Managing work policies.
- Conduct any disciplinary action as needed.
- Benefit management, analysis, and distribution of benefits.
- Manage employee benefits programs, including health insurance and retirement plans.
- Assist employees with benefits inquiries and enrollment.
- Support performance review processes.
- Provide guidance to managers on performance-related matters.
Training and Development:
- Identify training needs and coordinate employee development programs.
- Bachelor's degree in HR management, business, or a related field (preferred).
- Proven experience as an HR Specialist with a strong focus on California labor laws.
- HR certification (e.g., PHR, SPHR) is a plus.
- Knowledge of HR software and systems like Rippling.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution abilities.
- Ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality.