The SQL/ Hadoop Data Developer will assist in the design and development of data feeds, interfaces, data warehouses and enterprise reporting. The Data Developer must demonstrate strong working knowledge of extract, transform, and load (ETL) development using SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS) and ability to interact with non-technical business customers to determine requirements and apply the business rules to the data and have knowledge with Big Data Implementation using Hadoop to support our HScale Proudct, which is our Big Data Environment. Experience and familiarity with various types of healthcare-related data-membership, claims, laboratory, pharmacy, authorizations, etc.-utilized in healthcare organization that take insurance risk is highly desirable. This individual will work closely with internal departments and with counterparts with health plans during implementation and through ongoing operations.
Opportunity is Full Time Remote, open to multiple states
• Responsible for designing, developing, testing and troubleshooting SSIS packages that implement complex ETL processes
• Analyze, develop, test, maintain and support complex data/process models, and processes in an ETL environment using SSIS
• Design, develop, and support complex integration processes (including interfaces) using SQL Server technology, stored procedures and SQL program code
• Translate business requirements into technical designs to map and load data from source systems to data warehouses, downstream applications, and trading partners.
• Work closely with operations and IT to ensure all necessary Client data (eg. Eligibility, Lab, Rx, Claims/Encounters) feed into Landmark data warehouse
• Ensure quality and accuracy of the data mapped from staging environments to the target reporting environments.
• Maintaining data repository with data definitions, relationships, linkages and sources.
• Communicate open items and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, and business areas.
• Perform root cause analysis for issues and provide effective and timely resolution.
• Provide leadership and mentoring to team members as required on industry standard business processes.
• Prior exposure to Hadoop and big data technologies.
• Provide ad-hoc reports, analysis and operational support to successfully complete business needs.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of experience utilizing Microsoft technologies in development and operation of Data Warehouse, ETL, and application integration solutions via Microsoft SSIS. Must have strong understanding of DW processes and OLAP concepts.
• In-depth knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
• At least 1-year experience working in health care industry.
• Expert knowledge in SQL Queries and Stored Procedure writing.
• Proficiency with Hadoop technologies such as Nifi, AirFlow, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Scala.
• Ability to write reliable, manageable and highly efficient code using Hadoop tools.
• Working knowledge of Linux/Unix, distributed computing, networks and network security.
• Programming experience with Java, Python, R or similar language preferred.
• SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) experience.
• Health care experience is a must.
• Ability to work under pressure to resolve critical production issues.
• High energy, demonstrates an ability to function in a creative, entrepreneurial environment and think outside the box
• Good problem solving and debugging skills
• Adapt to learn new technologies as required.
We are now part of Optum and the United Health Group family of businesses, backed by the resources of a global health organization working to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health system work better for everyone.
As part of our hiring process, upon accepting an offer, candidates will be required to complete a 9-panel drug test. Due to our partnership with the Medicare Advantage program, our drug testing policies are consistent with Federal law.
Please be aware that Landmark Health does not solicit money or offer payment for job applications, nor do we ask candidates to email or submit any personal information over unsecured channels.
Landmark Health requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.