Community Health Systems (CHS) is one of the nation's leading operators of general acute care hospitals. The organization's affiliates own, operate, or lease 83 hospitals in 16 states with approximately 13,000 licensed beds.
Our Corporate Talent Acquisition Team is adding experienced Recruiters for sourcing, recruitment marketing, and interviewing/selection processes of clinical talent, primarily nursing, to support our hospitals in the following locations.
First Hospital Wyoming Valley Kingston, Pennsylvania
Moses Taylor Hospital Scranton, Pennsylvania
Regional Hospital of Scranton Scranton, Pennsylvania
Wilkes-Barre General Hospital Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Greenbrier Valley Medical Center Ronceverte, West Virginia
Plateau Medical Center Oak Hill, West Virginia
Moberly Regional Medical Center Moberly, Missouri
Northeast Regional Medical Center Kirksville, Missouri
Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center Poplar Bluff, Missouri
Merit Health Biloxi Biloxi, Mississippi
Merit Health Central Jackson, Mississippi
Merit Health Madison Canton, Mississippi
Merit Health Natchez Natchez, Mississippi
Merit Health Rankin Brandon, Mississippi
Merit Health River Oaks Flowood, Mississippi
Merit Health River Region Vicksburg, Mississippi
Merit Health Wesley Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Merit Health Woman's Hospital Flowood, Mississippi
Mat-Su Regional Medical Center Palmer, Alaska
The position does offer a remote, full-time schedule, however, having a local presence in any of these communities is a strong preference.
What you'll do:
Under the direction of the Director, Clinical Talent Acquisition, the Recruiter is responsible for facilitating the full-cycle recruitment process. Including but not limited to the development and implementation of sourcing strategies, reviewing resumes, and screening candidates prior to scheduling interviews. Significant focus will be placed on pipeline development and improving recruitment metrics.
Here's a brief example of some of the work our Healthcare Recruiter will do day-to-day:
- Conducts intake sessions with hiring managers to gain a thorough understanding and define each open position, set expectations and ensure alignment regarding key steps in the hiring process.
- In conjunction with the Sourcing team, develops and implements recruitment plans for assigned departments and/or key jobs.
- Guide candidates through a best-in-class recruitment, screening, interviewing, and hiring processes.
- Work alongside Human Resources and Clinical leadership in the development and facilitation of recruitment and staffing strategies.
- Source potential candidates through various sourcing channels; not limited to online, local/community, and national campaigns.
- Develop and maintain consistent pipeline activity for Clinical positions assigned. Provide customer focused service and serve as the recruitment subject matter expert to leadership; providing best practice methodology, process improvement, and support.
- Network to source talent and deliver creative, consultative, search-based hiring approach for internal and external hires. Re-recruit staff and develop referral networks.
- Prepares applicants for interviews with specific hiring managers by providing detailed information regarding the job via job descriptions, department structure, and the role within. Articulates the employment value proposition.
- Manages the qualification, interview, and selection process. Recommends top candidates for hiring manager interviews. Participates in post interview debrief/feedback with interview teams to ensure selection of the best candidate.
- In conjunction with Sourcing team, utilizes technology tools to facilitate recruiting, hiring, and on-boarding processes. Ensures that information is entered, maintained, current, and accurate in the Applicant Tracking and Candidate Relationship System including but not limited to: job posting content, candidate tracking, anecdotal information and other required data.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field of recruiting.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Experience with and knowledge of sourcing effectiveness, screening, interviewing, selection, and candidate assessment techniques.
- Demonstrated successful experience directly soliciting passive candidates via the phone or have related inside sales experience.
- Driven to achieve and outperform, continuously looking for improvements, and accepts responsibility for actions and results.
- Demonstrated success working independently, developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships, and managing multiple tasks that meet or exceed deadlines with minimal direction.
- Exhibits excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to understand customers and anticipate their needs and prioritize customer satisfaction.
- Ability to identify and assess challenges using critical thinking, data collection methods, analysis, experience and judgment to identify and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel, and Applicant Tracking Systems/databases.