Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward than UnitedHealth Group. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant.
As the Healthcare Economics Consultant, you will perform critical research and investigation of key business problems. You will leverage your strong business skills and translate them into solid technical solutions.
Using phenomenal analytical skills, you will develop and improve quantitative data analytics and set performance targets for the enterprise. As a subject matter expert, you will interpret and analyze clinical data from various sources and recommend best approaches for its consolidation.
Your analyses and solutions will be used to directly improve the outcomes and quality of care for our Medicare Advantage members.
There are new challenges and bigger rewards around every turn. Now is the time, and this the place where you'll find a career in which you can make a big difference in our company, our industry, even our world. Join us.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Twin Cities, MN preferred
* Work with medical professionals and business analysts to identify and build out metrics to monitor the prevalence of medical procedures that are over utilized as well as metrics to best measure the quality of care that each medical clinician is providing
* Development of data queries and extracts necessary for network analytics initiatives
* Interpret and analyze clinical data from various sources and recommend best approaches
* Provide claims, premium, capitation and membership data in support of provider reporting and utilization analyses
* Create and update automated processes
* Produce and review reports
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* Statistical Analysis experience or education
* 2+ years of experience using a structured programming language
* 2+ years SQL query writing, with advanced level proficiency
* 2+ years of experience in health care analytics working with large data sets
* 1+ years of work experience in a corporate setting
* Visualization experience (i.e., Tableau)
* Intermediate level of proficiency working with MS Excel including formulas, calculations, charts, graphs, etc.
* Ability and solid interest in learning the intricacies of the business and translating them to technical solutions
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or Actuarial Science
* 2+ years of experience in python
* Experience using python data libraries such as pandas
* Medical coding experience
* Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $71,400 to $127,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
* All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare Economics Consultant, Healthcare Analytics, Statistics, Visualization, SQL, Tableau, Computer Science, Telecommute, Telecommuter, WAH, Remote Work, Work Remotely