Are you passionate about improving the quality of healthcare?Are you ready to leverage your talents to make healthcare better for everyone?Do you want the opportunity to give back to your community?Do you want to have fun at work?
the growing team at Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG) that is transforming the delivery of healthcare in the United States!Summary
HSAG is nationally recognized as an industry leader in the areas of healthcare policy, measure development, healthcare data analysis, and survey research. We are in search of talented individuals who are interested in a Health Services Researcher III
position in HSAG's Healthcare Policy and Quality Measurement (HPQM) division. Together we can create positive change to make healthcare better. Find out more about HPQM projects at Unique Benefits
The Health Services Researcher III position benefits from HSAG's desire to grow its staff into leaders of healthcare quality improvement in the nation. Project assignments will include nationally significant healthcare policy, measure development, and health policy research. HSAG researchers have the opportunity to work and be mentored in healthcare public policy research, strategic planning and policy support for CMS measurement objectives, quality measure development, and an assortment of healthcare-related topics. The Health Services Researcher III position also offers the opportunity to mentor junior-level staff.
- A comfortable work-life balance, with remote-based work and flexible work schedules.
- Three weeks of paid time off and 14 company-paid holidays where staff leave two hours early prior to each holiday to get a "jump start" on holiday festivities.
HSAG offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) and an employee stock ownership plan.Description
The Health Services Researcher III
position is a key contributor to cutting-edge research that spans the broad spectrum of healthcare projects at HSAG. The Health Services Researcher III position supports the conceptualization and creation of clinical, technical, and analytic deliverables, including high-visibility public-facing reports to provide policy makers with the necessary information to transform healthcare. HSAG researchers in the Healthcare Policy and Quality Measurement division assist various research efforts, including conducting literature reviews and environmental scans, and designing methodological, conceptual, and strategical approaches for the use and analysis of healthcare data and information. It is preferred that researchers are familiar with following research tools:
- Research databases (e.g., PubMed, PsycINFO)
- National Quality Forum (NQF) Quality Positioning System (QPS)
- CMS Measures Inventory (CMIT)
- Federal Register
Details regarding potential project assignments will be discussed with candidates during the interview process.Essential Competencies, Duties and Responsibilities
Education and/or Experience
- Serve as an integral part of HSAG Healthcare Policy and Quality Measurement Division
- Expert in health disparities, maternal healthcare, end-stage renal disease, or mental and behavioral health research
- Proficient writing skills with the skills to plan and execute high visibility reports
- Ability to apply scientific and gray literature to the project while understanding limitations related to the literature
- Experience with statistical methods and analytics (e.g., analysis using large databases including Medicare data or commercial and health plan data)
- Design analytic approach to one or more project tasks
- Conceptualize and prepare peer-review journal articles and industry white papers
- Coordinate and supervise research tasks across projects
- Experience with public speaking and presenting research to diverse stakeholder groups
- Represent HSAG in a professional manner
- Advanced graduate degree in public health, health informatics, health sciences, or related social science with emphasis on healthcare-related research. Ph.D. or equivalent work experience preferred.
- A minimum of four (4) years of work experience.
- At least three (3) years of healthcare experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel*
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill*
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and work with multiple teams*
- Preferred leadership skills in research tasks
- Preferred familiarity with SAS and/or SQL
- Preferred experience planning and developing quality measures
- Preferred experience with obtaining IRB approval and in managing an Endnote database
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Disclaimer
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs requiring non-regular work hours, or technological developments).
HSAG is an EEO Employer of Veterans protected under Section 4212.
If you have special needs and require assistance completing our employment application process, please feel free to contact us.