Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Health Communications Social Media Specialist
to support the Consortium for Health and Military Performance (CHAMP), in the Department of Military and Emergency Medicine within Uniformed Services University (USU located in Bethesda, Md. HJF provides scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to CHAMP.
Health Communications Social Media Specialist to support the Consortium for Health and Military Performance (CHAMP), in the Department of Military and Emergency Medicine within Uniformed Services University (USU). Responsible for communicating human performance and total force fitness products across CHAMP's social media channels, collects impact data, analyzes engagement and followership, and makes recommendations on improving health commutations to target audience. Works with Outreach and Communications Manager to provide technical assistance to internal groups concerning health communication and marketing programs, projects, and strategies. NOTE: As a U.S. Government contractor, all HJF employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Proof of vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation will be required. Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Develops, implements, and manages CHAMP social media content (including graphics and messaging) and schedules posts on multiple CHAMP entities across popular platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Regularly reports on milestones/timetables and conducts continual progress monitoring of CHAMP's social media operations. (50%)
- Works with subject matter experts to develop and implement social media health campaigns across CHAMP initiatives and engages with Department of Defense (DoD) entities/their audience members and engage with social media users. (25%)
- Monitors social media trends and topics as it relates to Human Performance Optimization and Total Force Fitness, to include in social media strategies and plans. Also, responds to social media inquiries in a timely manner and participates in social media meetings with partners, collaborators, and stakeholders. (15%)
- Provide communications graphics and messaging for staff newsletter and CHAMP events. (10%)
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Must have outstanding writing skills. Keen ability to distill complex ideas and scientific information into language appropriate for a lay audience. Strong interpersonal, research and interview skills. Must have sharp editorial, proofreading and organizational skills. Solid basic computing and Web skills (familiarity with MS Office Suite, HTML, etc.). Facility using PowerPoint and working on a Mac strongly desired. Minimum Education:
Bachelor's degree in English, Communications or similar field required. Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements:
A minimum of 3-5 years' experience required. Work Environment:
This position is remote. Work Arrangement:
100% remote. Background/Security:
Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Tier I investigation/Public Trust and a Common Access Card (CAC). Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.