🐼 Who we are
Alan is your friend in health.
Alan's long-term goal is to make personal, proactive and holistic health part of people’s daily life, striving to be the world’s most member-centric healthcare company. Our employees join Alan because they truly believe in this mission.
As of today, Alan operates in 3 countries (🇫🇷, 🇧🇪, 🇪🇸) and covers more than 440,000 members, representing over €300m of annualized revenue.
The team is 530+ people and growing.
🤘 How we do it ?
People joining Alan are always surprised and delighted by our innovative working method. We have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work, such as:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Radical Transparency. We make all choices in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Distributed Ownership. We trust our colleagues to make the right choices. We are not afraid to fail fast individually to learn collectively in the long run.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We focus on solving complex problems with simple principles far from ready made ideas.
⭐️ YOUR MISSION ⭐️
While we position ourselves as a lot more than just an insurer, it’s still hugely important for us to nail the insurance aspect. Our Claims Experts are at the heart of this, and are a big part of what keeps our members delighted. We pride ourselves in our transparency, and this is also something that shines through in how we handle claims. We never hide behind our terms and conditions, constantly look for scalable improvements, and keep our members’ best interest in mind at all times. Our ideal Claims Expert has the pragmatism to put on all these hats – at once.
Your mission will be, first and foremost, to handle our members' reimbursement requests in a meaningful, delightful and timely manner. Your goal is to be transparent, accurate, clear, and helpful to our members. After all, we are dealing with a crucial subject — their health — and we are committed to offering them exceptional service.
As an expert in Health Insurance, you’ll make sure that claims are treated quickly and correctly. Your knack for written communication allows you to empathically refuse claims where needed. You’re receptive to member feedback, and make sure we act upon it. You have a keen eye for detail, and you use it to anticipate members' needs for that delightful touch.
While our main task is handling claims, our Claims Experts also have the opportunity to work on side projects. The focus of these projects depends on each individual’s interest and background. We expect you to help us implement better processes and tools, and to contribute to improving our product. This will involve analyzing what you see, identifying areas for improvement, and offering suggestions on what we can do better.
These side projects can range from assisting on process improvements (e.g. helping improve the way our members file a claim in the app) to working alongside our engineers in setting up claims automations. All of this while collaborating closely with the Care team to make sure our members have a cohesive experience.
Grow and learn
At Alan, we are dedicated to learning as much as we can. It's not every day that you can join a fast-growing company, tackling an obsolete sector by putting the member at the heart of it all. You will become an expert in healthcare and insurance, and help newcomers navigate this great healthcare team.
The 🇧🇪 Claims team today is still relatively small. However, we have bold ambitions and will grow quickly. You will be involved in building, nurturing and enhancing our Claims team on a daily basis.
For this opportunity, we are aiming to hire within the A2-C0 level range.\n
⭐️ JOIN THE CLAIMS TEAM ⭐️ You will be a good fit for the role if you:
🙌 Perks & Benefits
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks ensuring they are happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Fair rewards. Generous equity packages complement your base salary.
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space at our HQ in Paris, sponsored co-working hubs in Ghent Brussels or Antwerp or a full-remote experience with home office equipment sponsorship, we want you to live where you’re the happiest.
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-canceling headphones.
- Flexible vacation policy and flexible working hours. Organize your time as you wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. You can use your own inspiration based on the Green mobility budget (for Senior level Alaners)
- Learning & Training opportunities. A highly flexible Training policy free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises.
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.
Important note: we hire people not roles.
After reading this job description, if you feel like you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites but that it matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply!
Not everybody will enter our recruitment process, but all, no matter how underrepresented, should feel free to apply as it can only bring learnings or success.
🔖 Check out our About Alan and Career pages, as well as our Medium & blog for more info.
Read our advice on how to answer the most common interview questions.