Who are OnBuy?
OnBuy are an online marketplace who are on a mission of being the best choice for every customer, everywhere.
We have recently been named one of the UK's fastest-growing tech companies in Deloitte's Technology Fast 50 for the third year in a row (as well as 'Fastest-Growing Tech Business in the South West').
All achievements we are very proud of, but we don't let that go to our head. We are all laser focused on our mission and understand the huge joint effort ahead of us needed to succeed.
Working at OnBuy:
We are a team of driven and motivated people who thrive when working at pace. To succeed at OnBuy you need to take charge and fully own your responsibilities, rolling your sleeves up when needed to 'get it done'. Working at OnBuy you are surrounded by so much opportunity, but you must possess the ability to stay focused and prioritise ruthlessly. Most importantly, you will thrive in an ever-changing environment as we are constantly evolving.
At OnBuy, you're not just a number or another cog in a machine. We are creating something really special, and you have the opportunity to affect meaningful change and have your voice heard.
We are a close team, who have the opportunity to learn and grow as OnBuy evolves. We work in a flexible way, meaning we can prioritise our health and relationships, but when we are working, we graft.
As the Head of Sales Operations, your primary responsibility will be to lead the sales team in meeting seller acquisition and sales revenue targets. You will optimise sales processes and productivity that drive scalability, leveraging data to drive informed decision-making, and acceleration of the sales organization. You’ll lead the team to plan, set targets and execute to meet its objectives.
- Sales Strategy: Create and manage the execution of OnBuy’s sales and seller success strategy, optimising lead conversion rates, increasing seller acquisition, and driving revenue and contribution growth from new and existing sellers.
- Optimise delivery and execution:
- Establish end-to-end processes that deliver sales conversion and embedded sellers to maximise revenue and contribution.
- Utilise automation and data analysis to constantly iterate and improve process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Establish lead generation processes to drive sales opportunities and launch and optimise sales journeys to connect with sellers and close opportunities.
- Drive automation tools and AI tools to deliver growth and efficiency.
- Team leadership: Lead sales and seller success team to deliver objectives, providing direction, targets and execution ability to enable the entire team.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, operations and technology, to align sales efforts with overall business objectives and provide insights for product improvements.
- Sales and Seller Reporting: Prepare regular sales and seller reports, providing accurate and up-to-date information on sales activities, pipeline status, and revenue projections.
- Industry Knowledge: Stay informed about industry trends, competitor activities, and market dynamics to identify new business opportunities and maintain a competitive edge.
- Demonstrable experience in personally leading and executing in a fast-moving scaling environment.
- Ability to create and deliver strategies that realise the team and company objectives.
- Data-driven decision maker with the ability to leverage data to optimise sales strategies and team execution.
- Experience in optimising sales processes. Must have been through a process to identify strengths, weaknesses, and areas for improvement and most crucially implemented successful change.
- Proven experience as a Sales leader, leading a team selling to and onboarding retailers/e-tailers/B2B (preferably within the e-commerce or online marketplace industry).
- Self-motivated and results-oriented, with a strong drive to achieve and succeed in a fast-paced, target-driven environment.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and motivate others towards achieving common goals.
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing sales pipelines, consistently achieving or exceeding revenue targets.
- Strong proficiency in utilising LinkedIn for lead generation, networking, and building professional relationships.
- Proficient in using Salesforce, sales automation tools, and appointment scheduling software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of e-commerce trends, online marketplaces, and a deep understanding of customer needs and preferences.
The salary range on offer for this role is £70,000 - £80,000 per annum, depending on experience.
In return for helping us to grow, we’ll offer you company equity, meaning you own a piece of this business we are all working so hard to build.