I am currently recruiting a Head of Development for my client who are a digital agency based in Edinburgh. They are an established award-winning agency who specialise in Ecommerce solutions and work with a number of well-known clients such as Celtic Football Club, Loch Arran and Edinburgh Gin.
In this role, you will be leading a team of developers on exciting projects for major clients. You will utilise your experience in ecommerce platforms, including Magento 2, Shopify and BigCommerce to help deliver solutions to high standard. You will meet with clients to help scope out solutions that will satisfy their functional requirements and will be able to translate technical solutions into business language with non-technical stakeholders. You will work closely with the sales, operations, account management and marketing teams during the requirements discovery scoping process. You will also be required to give technical direction during the design and development phases by driving decisions and co-ordinating the efforts of the development team members.
* Supervise the development of Magento 2, Shopify Plus & BigCommerce projects
* Manage a team of developers
* Carry out regular code reviews to ensure quality and security
* Support colleagues in an effective manner. Managing your time as well as overseeing the development team's work - ensuring it is developed according to the solution and timescale that you identified
* Provide backend/ frontend developers with the tools and assets they require to complete the project at hand
* Carry out consultancy projects - identify the best technical solutions to meet client's requirements
* Ensure that project scoping is correct so that we can collectively deliver projects on time, within budget!
* Hands on experience of ecommerce software such as Magento 2, Shopify, ShopifyPlus & BigCommerce - ideally Certified
* Delivery Focused
* Prior lead/senior responsibilities in an agency environment
* Experience in integration projects between ecommerce platforms and large-scale systems (ERPs, CRMs, fulfilment systems, etc.)
* Sound understanding of development teams and what is needed to make them successful
* Experience in writing future-proof, reusable code
* Experience of scoping out new technical requirements and solutions, whilst meeting the stakeholders' expectations
In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits. There are also flexible and remote working options available, with limited office based requirements once restrictions are lifted.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach an up to date CV with your application